All things Irish

Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
This is the place to discuss all things realting to the Emerald Isle (ugh). Talk about whatever you wish: The Gaa, Spuds, Pat Shortt, The Dingle Peninsula, Aer Arann, The Killorglin King of the Goats and, of course, Brian Cowen.

I have a question guys: What ever happened to The Den? Seriously, the quality of shows and presenting has gone wayyy down hill since Ray D'arcy's days. Back then Dustin was properly outspoken and Podge and Rodge made the odd guest appearance. Don Conroy's drawing features were epic and the like of the Spiderman cartoon and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would keep you happy for hours on end. Ah, thems were the days.

Personally I blame the Morbegs and that fat ginger lad they had for a while.

Father Ted...can never get enough. Always makes me laugh.

The Den ha ha go on to YouTube feic and look up Whats Snots. But where is Dustin now as it very rare u hear of him on tv now

Cork Dublin this weekend. I am very ******* nervous. We hammered them in the league, but they look petty good against Tyrone, whereas we just haven't clicked yet. Hope both teams play well because it could be an awful match to watch if they don't.

Darbutter hate to say it but Dubs look like team for Sam although dark horses are Kildare

lol, Dublin GAA, the most overrated overhyped pile of shite seen each summer

I'vehad a soft spot for the Dubs this year, largely due to the fact that for the first time they haven't been hyped up beyond belief. That said, Cork still should have enough for them. Is Canty fit do we know?

The Gaa is brilliant for the nicknames alone. Chunky Hayes and Brick Walsh rival the best the world of wrestling has to offer.

What about our cricket team too. But cork haven't really hit heights of last uean while I agree with feic that dubs are ok this year because the hype is gone and they developing quietly and nicely

Gaa is good ...just the organisational end of things sheer lack of effort in recruitment and how the seniors constantly draw from the underage teams draining them of players....we are in minor county Div 2 semi final Played only 3 games lost 2 won 1 and got 2 walkovers..;3 trainings all summer...its upsetting as rteally i enjoy a few onfireld slaps in the football..but its demotivating seeing it go to rack and ruin

That is a poor set up alright.
But on good side you can't beat an exciting game of hurling

Gaa is good ...just the organisational end of things sheer lack of effort in recruitment and how the seniors constantly draw from the underage teams draining them of players....we are in minor county Div 2 semi final Played only 3 games lost 2 won 1 and got 2 walkovers..;3 trainings all summer...its upsetting as rteally i enjoy a few onfireld slaps in the football..but its demotivating seeing it go to rack and ruin

Aye, that's a bit shocking. The minor football championship up here is in a bit of a mess too. Traditionally the final is played before the seniorgame but that doesn't look like it's going to happen/

The hurling is worse at underage leve, but this year the senior is runnig quite smoothly. We got another game tonight and if we win we'll be looking good to make the semi final.

I ended up watching a video of last year's final last night. Jeez, rugby is great and all, but there's no sport the match of it.

They say its the true test of a man..but whenever I played there would always be a few cowards inclined to use the hurl to stop a run instead of putting themselves in my way...then again i was always a **** for barging :p

but there is no game that would be in the same league in terms of skill level anywhere in the world

Hurling is tedious. There are no tactics other that hit the sliotar as far as you can and hope a teammate gets to it before an opponent. The fact that it's fast, doesn't make it good- if that's the way to judge sports then surely NASCAR must be the greatest sport of all.

Hurling tactics are the equivalent of soccer's out-dated long ball game. People are cottoning on to that now- look at the pitiful half empty Croke Park for both All-Ireland (or more accurately a small pocket in the south of Ireland) semi finals. I absolutely despise the sport .

[/rant]

Hurling is indeed a mans game and well it hard to find a sport to match it for intensity.

One thing that amazes me from what ive heard ablne seen is the lack of sports menship in gaa a good example is the Leinster final about a month ago. Also I have a freind got smacked in he head with a hurl for no reson and got his toung stuck in his braces. ANother time his coahtold him to hit anoter player.

Latest posts