Allan Jacobsen Retires From International Rugby

TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
Just seen on Twitter and BBC News that Big Al has retired.

"To play international rugby you have to be absolutely committed. You have to make sacrifices and do all the extra stuff in training and preparation to be right.

"I've always tried to do that throughout my career and playing for Scotland has meant the world to me.

"But the minute there is the possibility of it feeling like a chore . . . well, that's the slippery slope for me and I would never want to do anything that would either devalue the Scotland jersey or anything that I've achieved," said Scotland's most-capped prop.

Best of luck to the man, but a very odd retirement speech.

The game has changed from what he did best. He has improved a lot with is open play, but it was only a matter of time before a younger prop became almost as good at him in the set pieces and tight play, that he would displace Allan.

I think Allan wants to retire instead of riding the pine for a few more years, as Scotland still is week in depth with our props.

No!!! Who are we going to mock now?

Why do you mock Chunk?

He has been a decent player for Scotland. Nothing ever anything special, but could do a job and hold his own for the main part especially last year he had a good season of international rugby. However he seems to have gained a few kilos and lost a bit of form this season though, and also that is really very odd retirement speech.

Latest posts