• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

'Almost got my 10 posts! ^_^'

S

Sir Speedy

Is there any chance in the technical wizzes of the forum changing entry to the EA Sports section from 10 posts to something much, much higher? I, and many others, are sick of seeing the latest posts being either:

'Not sure'
'He's good'
'That's nice'
'[RANDOM SMILEY HERE]'
'5 more posts before EA Sports 08 editor =D'
'1 more post!'
'...'
'You're right'

...among others. If people want the damn editor so badly, then they must be a rugby fan, no? Then they should contribute to the forum like the rest of us rather than spamming to get the editor and leaving as soon as it'd downloaded; coming back only to download other mods.
We should have a TRF petition or something, 'For' and 'Against' (lol, right...) increasing the number of posts before entry into that section. Something along the lines of 100 or 200 posts should put them off spamming.
Anyone agree? Or am I missing something/deluded?

It's very, very high on my agenda, trust me my friend.

As responsible members, whilst discussions are ongoing, I urge you to click "report this post" if you see any of these jamooks spamming.

Well that's good to hear. :)

Of course... You guys get a notification then of the offending post, right?

Bit of a double sided issue I think.
I would love to see the post count pushed up to 100, that would surely shake off the really bad spammers as I doubt most of them can count that high.
From a quality point of view I'm with you Speedy.

Your also missing that if they are only saying a few words like that then they dont count as a post. Thus they have to have more words to add more words to try make a valid post.

The staff here try to stop all the spamming before it gets too far out of control but we do have trouble getting every bit.

Hopefully we can get something in place but we arnt going to be able to please everybody.

Make a user group that people need to apply to join and be accepted by an admin or mod, that way retards who come here to post Bullshit still don't get into the downloads section.

ban them before they get to the downloads section lol i agree with Tighthead III, they should fill out an application of sorts before going into such sections of the forum.

I definitely think the best idea is an application process to get into that section of the forum. It does mean more work for the Gaming Gurus, but if they are willing to sort through applications and see who's a contributer and not then let them do it. The only negative I could think of is people complaining about discrimination, but it's our right to be discriminant about sensitive data. So...let me introduce my word of the night...BOOYAH!

Whats this 'report this post' that you're talking about? I don't see it anywhere

Make a user group that people need to apply to join and be accepted by an admin or mod, that way retards who come here to post Bullshit still don't get into the downloads section.
[/b]

This is a great idea, best I've heard yet.

Make a fake page just before the download that says: You are one step away from the Rugby 08 editer! At only $15-00 (once off) it's yours! Pay-pal accepted.

*whole bunch of flashing signs with mastercards floating around*

:p

Maybe the forum should increase the amount of characters in a post? I think increasing the post count is good however I think there could be a possible backlash for making rules more strict. It could lead to people hosting the TRF content on their own website/forum/megupload etc. Sure we could trawl through the net and force people to take it site off their website but theres only so much we would be able to do. That would be a lot worse then then a few spammers clogging up the forums.

BTW what is the function of the 10 post limit? Surely 10 posts is not a contribution?
Or is there a marketing or communications strategy that we need to keep in mind when making suggestions?
EDIT: Or am I over analysing again?

Hell yeah, charge the c***s a fee for each download, HAH!
[/b]
SHHH! I still wanna download updates!

I can't charge for the downloads for a couple of reasons:

- It will see people uploading it illegally.

- I don't actually own them, they are the work of the modders, whose hard work is being abused by people who sign up, make their downloads then go.

I am seriously considering the following:

- An application system as suggested by Tighthead III.

- A staggered download, where you can make 1 download after 100 posts, 2 after 200, 3 after 300 and so on and so forth.

- Being allowed access only when a moderator sees fit.

- Sponsorship, eg a respected member of the forum can recommend to TRF staff that someone is a contributor and be allowed to access the download sections as a reward for this.

- Perhaps a combination of the above.

All I know is that something is going to give. The leeches who come on and contribute nothing have their days numbered. Keep the suggestions coming, something will be announced by the weekend one way or another, for reasons you will very soon see.

I can't charge for the downloads for a couple of reasons:

- It will see people uploading it illegally.

- I don't actually own them, they are the work of the modders, whose hard work is being abused by people who sign up, make their downloads then go.

I am seriously considering the following:

- An application system as suggested by Tighthead III.

- A staggered download, where you can make 1 download after 100 posts, 2 after 200, 3 after 300 and so on and so forth.

- Being allowed access only when a moderator sees fit.

- Sponsorship, eg a respected member of the forum can recommend to TRF staff that someone is a contributor and be allowed to access the download sections as a reward for this.

- Perhaps a combination of the above.

All I know is that something is going to give. The leeches who come on and contribute nothing have their days numbered. Keep the suggestions coming, something will be announced by the weekend one way or another, for reasons you will very soon see.
[/b]

I think you just made Darkman X blow his load. :ph34r: