• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

am I a bad rugby player ?

That is the correct way to tackle.

Let your team mates worry about the offload you just focus on getting your man down.

Esp as a Scrum half and Fly half

Your Flankers and Centres should be the ones focusing on the surrounding players.

Get your man that's it.

Your Coach sounds like a typical Gym bunny loving coach TBH.

You sound fine to me, Tigs man has the right of it. Size isn't everything. When i played schools, I was a skinny lad with loads of pent up aggression, but I was the biggest tackler on the team. Size isn't the onyl factor, look at George ford (though I'd advise choosing last year's videos). You can probably tackle better than he does too!

You sound fine to me, Tigs man has the right of it. Size isn't everything. When i played schools, I was a skinny lad with loads of pent up aggression, but I was the biggest tackler on the team. Size isn't the onyl factor, look at George ford (though I'd advise choosing last year's videos). You can probably tackle better than he does too!

yeah I have always wondered, how goerge ford plays at a professional level if he cant tackle anyone ?

Last edited:

Certainly don't watch any involving Ford and Nathan Hughes.

To the OP. Tigs has it spot on. Coaches come and go, so don't worry about this one. At your age you have plenty of time to work it all out for yourself. Just make sure you're getting your head in the right position when you tackle, otherwise as long as you're stopping the man it's job done.

Get out there and enjoy it. Wish I was 19 again☹️

Latest posts