• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Am I physically suited to playing fly-half?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Montpellier TOP 14 we have Benoit Paillaugue plays 9 but subed on Sat against Toulouse at 10 he is 74 kg about 11st 6 and 1.74cm tackles like a demon the bigger the better, and brings them down always round the legs, size is not that important in the backs its all about how big your heart is, if its big enough you can play any position.

Yes, why do you have to keep asking?

Matt Morgan.
Andy Goode.

Literally any size can play 10 if you've the skillset.

Yeah, at 16 definitely, depends on your skillset though.

My skill set isn't brilliant in all honesty. I'm pretty tall without being physically strong and I'm not particularly quick. What I can do is distribute well and organise things. I'm playing 12 at the minute but would love to have a crack at playing 10 if I'm deemed physically appropriate to play there.

My skill set isn't brilliant in all honesty. I'm pretty tall without being physically strong and I'm not particularly quick. What I can do is distribute well and organise things. I'm playing 12 at the minute but would love to have a crack at playing 10 if I'm deemed physically appropriate to play there.

Good distribution, ability to organise your backline in attack and defence, add kicking and decent tackling (Which I assume you have playing 12) to that and give it a go. Don't put yourself under pressure, remain calm and play what's in front of you with a bit of creativity and you'll be grand.

I'm 15 (16 in March), 5 foot 8/9 and weigh around 10 stone.

Stop creating threads with the same subject. And it is disrespectful to not reply to peoples posts in your threads.

Untitled_zps8b643788.png

Last edited:
He's 15 for God's sake. Don't be so soft.

To answer the question, sounds like more of a scrum-half to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's 15 for God's sake. Don't be so soft.

To answer the question, sounds like more of a scrum-half to me.

Yeah 15, not 5. He's created that thread and similar threads 9 or 10 times. People have taken the time to respond to his posts and he has rarely replied or acknowledged their posts, simply created more threads with the same subject. I'm not normally as harsh as this, but the kids a time waster.

Yes, why do you have to keep asking?

:lol: he has, hasn't he, already made a thread like that ?! knew it ! that username is just hard to forget ! :p

Son, you have to be massive in Rugby or else it just won't work. Skill is okay, but it's all about mass. You're 10 stone, that's okay, put on 5 more and you're good to go. Don't listen to the ppl saying "skillset, egghhh, size no problem uhh.." just discard them many of them are opium smokers on this forum. Put on weight, with the magic of MacDonald's, "special" morning shakes, and put a bunch of death metal on that iPod and go to the gym.

you forgot must have drugs......................or are they special morning shakes

OK, this has run its course.

Come on England - if you fancy trying the game, I strongly suggest you head down to your local club and ask about coming down to training. Or perhaps your school should you have a team. That's all I did when I was 8 but I was a prop forward in rugby league.

Just because you're a certain build now doesn't mean anything. There's no point pigeon holing yourself as any position right now. The average man is still growing aged 27 - your body will continue to change and what you do now might not be what you do in five years. When I was 11 I was a goal hanging striker. Now, aged 29 I am a goalkeeper. Things change as time goes on. Jamie Carragher was a striker as a youth team player for Liverpool, before being a midfielder, full back and then a centre half.

Things change as time goes on. The best thing to do if you want to play rugby is to go to your local club. 15 isn't too late to start but you should be getting some of the best advice you can get from people who play and coach the game.

With that said, people have answered your queries on here. Please, no more threads about it. And to other members who are taking this slightly less seriously, please be aware that younger members may act differently to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts