• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Am I too old?

Buffie

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
I'm 40, soon to be 41. I think I'm pretty fit- have been playing league touch for 2 years, and am testing out ladies full contact. What's the concensus here on how good an idea this is?

I'm 40, soon to be 41. I think I'm pretty fit- have been playing league touch for 2 years, and am testing out ladies full contact. What's the concensus here on how good an idea this is?

if you enjoy it then absolutely go for it... you'll soon know after a few bumps and knocks.

I'm 40 myself and playing in a competition semi-final today (as long as I'm selected in the 22 :mellow: ) and there are about 4 older guys than me in our team. It's possible to play especially if you're fit (I'm average at best with fitness), but as goodNumber10 said after a few bumps and knocks you'll know.

Perhaps only going through the contact stages of training initially and seeing how you go with that? If you're fine with that, contact in games is generally harder, but not massively so.

All i can say is that if this guy still play's rugby at 72 then you can certainly still play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts