Sale
First the autumn nations cup, now this:

Tired: Living with the Pride
Wired: Swimming with the Sharks

First the autumn nations cup, now this:

Tired: Living with the Pride
Wired: Swimming with the Sharks
I'd advise against that

If Prime was able to takeover from Sky/BT or one of the other providers, I'd be happy with it. Never liked the fact you need multiple subscriptions to watch most rugby and, from a selfish standpoint, I have Prime anyway. A lot of the complaints I have seen are comparing Prime to terrestrial, which is a ludicrous argument IMO as nothing except a select few internationals are on terrestrial anyway.

Two part series coming out on October 12th - should be good considering how much went on last season

Just finished watching this (only two episodes, one 40ish and one 50ish mins)

It's solely about the playoffs so don't expect much talk of the other sides at all, outside of a few little clips

I really enjoyed it tbh - it's not as fully in depth as it could've been etc. but good interviews with the players/staff/family members they picked out (did 2-3 from each club)
Quite surface level look at the sport (at one point Finn Smith is explaining the difference between forwards and backs) so I think it's, at least in part, being aimed at newcomers
Not sure how much it'll appeal to fans of non-top 4 sides though

Hopefully this does well and leads on to them doing a bigger project because it does have a lot of promise

Just finished watching this (only two episodes, one 40ish and one 50ish mins)

It's solely about the playoffs so don't expect much talk of the other sides at all, outside of a few little clips

I really enjoyed it tbh - it's not as fully in depth as it could've been etc. but good interviews with the players/staff/family members they picked out (did 2-3 from each club)
Quite surface level look at the sport (at one point Finn Smith is explaining the difference between forwards and backs) so I think it's, at least in part, being aimed at newcomers
Not sure how much it'll appeal to fans of non-top 4 sides though

Hopefully this does well and leads on to them doing a bigger project because it does have a lot of promise

If they're making a follow up they're going to need a new broadcaster. Prime cutting ties due to weak viewing numbers.

If they're making a follow up they're going to need a new broadcaster. Prime cutting ties due to weak viewing numbers.
That's a shame, I don't recall it popping up in my recommendations etc so not sure they did a great job making people aware, long term I wonder if broadcasting a prem game a week on FTA (the one via the PRL App only), then putting all the others currently on TNT on the PRL app, something like £120 for the year, then that gets fed back into the prem without being watered down and hopefully the weekly FTA serves a spring board to get more casual or new comers to bite for the sub.

I think rugby just needs to accept it has done an absolutely **** poor job getting people interested at a grass roots level, in no small part because English and world rugby are led by a load of regressive, backwards looking old boys in blazers who don't have a clue how to market anything.

Until there is more grass roots interest in rugby, it's doomed to fail. Hell I remember at uni the superbowl was a big thing and people would go in to the main union for a special superbowl event. The 6N? Minor turnout.

It was just too shallow to engage your average viewer. Rugby needs to get over its shame and celebrate/promote the contact which makes it such an engrossing watch!

It was poorly done, and Unfortutely focused mainly on the two of the weakest supported teams.
I guess the hope is Netflix 6N's will be better.

Prem rugby as a spectacle is pretty dead now

Rugby needs to sort out its marketing and stop trying to appease everyone. Until world rugby and t he RFU sort out its goals and marketing and stop focussing on the wrong things then the game is just dying on its feet.

I hate to say it but I do think it's past being able to cover though. The reputation of rugby has been so damaged in the uk I can't see it ever improving.

That's a shame, I don't recall it popping up in my recommendations etc so not sure they did a great job making people aware,
That's a good point, I watched quite a lot of rugby documentaries on Amazon Video and don't remember seeing anything to encourage me to watch this one.

It was just too shallow to engage your average viewer. Rugby needs to get over its shame and celebrate/promote the contact which makes it such an engrossing watch!
Yep, but when your facing a rather large lawsuit. The last thing your legal team want is the socials banging out the top ten smashes of the week. Let's not forget they have already separated tiers of rugby by different laws. What you see on TV isn't what's meant to be going on at level 7.

Yep, but when your facing a rather large lawsuit. The last thing your legal team want is the socials banging out the top ten smashes of the week. Let's not forget they have already separated tiers of rugby by different laws. What you see on TV isn't what's meant to be going on at level 7.
I'm not sure that law suit is all it's cracked up to be. To prove negligence is a hard ask but then to prove that the rugby and not their life style, drinking, personal responsibility was not the cause must almost be impossible.

Latest posts