• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

American Football vs. Rugby

rugby is so much better. American football they play for about 5 seconds at the most, unless a running back actually runs more than ten yards. It's no contest

Rugby is better !
In American Football there is a lot of tactics,pauses,formation-changes...

Rugby is tradition and atmosphere

And in American Football there isn't the THIRD HALF TIME!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I have only viewed a match of American football and in five minutes I switch off the TV. It's very boring all time stopping and changing de whole team.

No way, rugby is much better... I can't stand to watch gridiron apart from the Superbowl... but I love playing Madden with friends :D

I Prefer Rugby...., but they are two different sports......

Third Half-Time it´s the BEST!!!!! No doubts... Rugby!!!!!!

its like asking weather you prefer chocolate or cake. they're both good :bravo:

I never played AF / Gridiron - but enjoy watching both college and NFL...

I could do without some of the politics and b.s. in american football - but, the game itself is good.

Having said that, both codes of rugby are fantastic sports, and would be my preference.

I never played AF / Gridiron - but enjoy watching both college and NFL...

I could do without some of the politics and b.s. in american football - but, the game itself is good.

Having said that, both codes of rugby are fantastic sports, and would be my preference. [/b]

I would love Gridiron if they did a few changes to the game.

Whenever they got tackled they got up and immediately snapped the ball for the next play.

They can only throw it forward at the snap if ALL of their players are behind the snap. So if they snap the ball and players of theirs are still trying to get back onside they have to run it or pass in a non forward direction.

If the ball goes out at any time it is simply a snap to the team that did not take it out.

If the ball goes to ground from a forward pass then anyone can pick it up and continue play.

Tacklers obviously must be onside at the snap to tackle.

No pads and especially no helmuts.

Just imagine what this game would look like! Action action action!

ironically, in the old days the flow of the game used to be quicker, quick set lines of scrimmage and they used to run the ball more.

Well its obvious what most answers would be on a rugby forum.
Only watch American football but find it boring sometimes. Every 20 seconds there's a break, ruins the games flow.

I think rugby is the better sport. In American Football you have all these breaks in the game. In Rugby the players are running 80 minutes with only one break (half time). Rugby is much faster also.

Both Are Pretty Good And Great to Play but if i had to watch a game i would pick Rugby as it does not take 3 hours!!! less stoppages needed to Spread NFL around the World

rugby is so much better. American football they play for about 5 seconds at the most, unless a running back actually runs more than ten yards. It's no contest
[/b]

I agree. US football is too stop start for me. I like the hotdogs though.

ironically, in the old days the flow of the game used to be quicker, quick set lines of scrimmage and they used to run the ball more. [/b]

Yeh I have seen old footage of American Football and it looked quicker with more lateral passes to people who were open and too far away to be an immediate blocker. They also had only one team for both offence and defence so it was good to see players being able to get one back after being hit themselves earlier in the game.

Then the game turned into some sort of sponsorship things and commercials and all sorts or breaks, timeouts, nannies became too overwhelming that it was hard to realise a game was taking place.

Speed up a game to make it exciting (league used to be 5 metres offside line but now they are 10) and slow it down to kill it (breaks, timeouts, commercials, viedo replays, etc).

Latest posts