• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Americas Cup

Just how much has the introduction of Ben Ainslie affected this comeback?
Never thought I'd get this excited about sailing, but can't wait for the final race.

a few reports I've read say Ainsile has made a difference but not a HUGE one, several people are saying Oracle always had the faster boat, it just took them a couple of days to 1)get the new team members working together and 2) they learnt a few new tricks from watching TNZ. Apparently they are tacking in a different way than they were originally (the same way TNZ do) and so where we would take 50 - 100m off them on the odd turn...we're not now

What a finish. Oracle worked hard to get back in it, and in spectacular fashion.
Pleased for Ainslie, excellent sportsman.

I fear for the future of the America's Cup now that Oracle has retained. Good work from them and it was an amazing comeback. However, if we don't compete again in the America's Cup then I doubt it will ever as good as what we have just seen.

Right Daggs, I'll meet you down Cardiff Bay. Pop down B&Q and grab some plywood, and I'll grab some nails. We'll get 'em!

Sounds good, give me a few hours to fly over.

Hmm, Samourcaptain could apply to a boat as well. I think we should consider keeping our RWC15 squad around for Americas Cup 2016.

We could bring back Andy Powell, and select a team of pirates! They start in their multi-million pound catamaran, but we finish in it!

What a finish. Oracle worked hard to get back in it, and in spectacular fashion.
Pleased for Ainslie, excellent sportsman.

My opinion of Ainsle as sports man has gone down actually, he is an amazing sailor but pretty poor sport.

Yesterday Oracle did a fantastic job getting around TNZ and forcing the touch and subsequent penalties, and that is all in the game and well done, but standing on the side waving his arms and at one point looked like he flipped the bird as if TNZ we deliberately ramming them...looked a hell of a lot like a dive in football to me

It was a great last race and the better team won. I still wonder how they managed to fine tune that boat so well and outclass TNZ.

I wonder if next time we will see even faster boats?

The downside is that the cost of participation is soo high that the number of participants is limited.
I miss the time where there were 15 teams around and where I consider it a real race rather and then a billionaire escapade.

Hamilton sailing club (AUS) is challenging for the next America's cup. Sounds promising.

Latest posts