English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Amlin Challenge Cup 2011 / 2012 Pools
Pool 1: Stade Francais Paris, Worcester Warriors, Crociati Parma, Bucharest Wolves
Pool 2: Toulon, Newcastle Falcons, Petrarca Padova, Lyon Rugby
Pool 3: London Wasps, Bayonne, Femi-CZ Rovigo, Bordeaux-Begles
Pool 4: Perpignan, Newport Gwent Dragons, Exeter Chiefs, Cavalieri Prato
Pool 5: Sale Sharks, Brive, Agen, Club de Rugby La Vila

Nasty pool for Sale. Perpignan's group would probably have a worse team panicking, but it's Perpignan, so they'll be fine :p

Would predict Stade, Toulon, Bayonne, Perpignan and Sale to win their respective pools, although Worcester, Wasps and Brive could easily find the form to win as well I reckon.

Could've been worse (pool 2 can feel hard done by for getting Lyon over the romanian/spanish/italian clubs)
Should be good though, I'm under no illusions that Sale can win the thing, so hopefully just see some good matches

Could've been worse (pool 2 can feel hard done by for getting Lyon over the romanian/spanish/italian clubs)
Should be good though, I'm under no illusions that Sale can win the thing, so hopefully just see some good matches

don't worry, the French teams don't give a sh*t about the Amlin Challenge Cup, no idea how Sale lost to Brive twice last season, I guess that was when Mike Brewer's reign was at its worst

it's pretty straightforward that the highest ranked team will go through in all those groups

Meh, Sale were s**t for the whole season, bar two games
A lot of French teams do care about Europe these days, though as you say, the ones fighting for a playoff spot or against relegation tend to not give a crap

Still no word of the inclusion of Russian, Georgian, Portugal or German teams?

That's a pretty decent pool for the Dragons. Perpignan are obviously favourites to win the pool, but the Dragons could sneak a victory at Rodney Parade and they should win home and away against Exeter and Cavalieri if they want to progress as a team.

Some big powerhouses this year (Perpignan, Toulon, the 2011 Bayonne team, maybe Stade Francais if they manage to keep their key players, Wasps). It will be very hard for the likes of Newport or Sharks to get a ticket for the finals.

Nice. Stade Francais will come to Romania again :). Worcester Warriors is one of my favourite teams so it will be another match I will follow.
We've met Crociati Parma last season and we finished above them in groups.
I hope Bucharest Wolves will make 10 points in this group.

Latest posts