• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Amusing Wasps fans

B

Bullitt

While perusing another board I stumbled across a Wasps fan talking about their squad members in the England squad and the way those players are playing. It made me chuckle, and as it's Christmas, I thought you'd all enjoy a good laugh yourself...

Ready?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Vickery - form English prop atm

Shaw - no-one else brutish enough in second row

riki - had a good AIs

hasks/ Rees - penned in

Sackey - no way he's getting kicked

Payne - not enough good english props to justify not having him

Cips - unless wilko is fit he'll be there.

ony palmer might be chopped.

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s96.htm?98,9993121[/b]

:lol: What a pillock! :lol:

Don't let one bad bee let you generalize an entire population of Pests...
That said, lol @ him. Mind you, I'd be surprised if Rees isn't picked in the 22 at least...

On Premiership form:

D. Armitage
Cueto
JT Hall (on fire at 'Quins)
Flood
Strettle / Simpson-Daniel (though they're both injured, aren't they?)
Cipriani / Lamb
Care / Hodgson
Easter
Rees
Armitage
Kennedy
Croft
Stevens
Mears / Hartley
Sheridan

I still don't see that said winning more than three games though.

Hey i dont care i hope the selectors follow his advice the more often the poms lose the better! :bana:

Are all pests fans that retarded?

wat a douche bag i just want to knife him for saying stupid **** like that lol.

Rees should be penned in, other than that he is spouting a massive heap of horse dung.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 28 2008, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't let one bad bee let you generalize an entire population of Pests...
That said, lol @ him. Mind you, I'd be surprised if Rees isn't picked in the 22 at least...

On Premiership form:

D. Armitage
Cueto
JT Hall (on fire at 'Quins)
<strike>Flood </strike>
<strike>Strettle / Simpson-Daniel (though they're both injured, aren't they?) </strike>
<strike>Cipriani </strike>/ Lamb
Care / Hodgson
Easter
Rees
Armitage
Kennedy
Croft
Stevens
Mears / Hartley
<strike>Sheridan</strike>

I still don't see that said winning more than three games though.[/b]

Premiership form?

Banahan is the form winger at the moment from what I see. For the rest... hmm. Glad the 6N aren't for another few months

anyway there aren't hardly any wasps fans. i'll be surprised if they get 50,000 in twickers for the Leinster game...

You're right. I honestly couldn't think of anybody else to pick in those positions.
Banahan maybe.
Hipkiss would be a good choice instead of Flood.
At fly half... You've got an abundance of crappy / off form players there: Lamb will never be World class; Cipriani is very low on confidence; haven't seen much of Gerehty to comment (he's injured though, I think); Flood was terrible on Saturday, and is just average in general; Hodgson is playing very well, though he always bottles it up at international level - that said, he's as good a choice as any.
As for prop... Err. Hm. Surely not Vickery? :huh: No, I don't mind Johnson picking him; that way, Gethin and Adam will be in rugby heaven, turning over the English scrum.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 29 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You're right. I honestly couldn't think of anybody else to pick in those positions.
Banahan maybe.
Hipkiss would be a good choice instead of Flood.
At fly half... You've got an abundance of crappy / off form players there: Lamb will never be World class; Cipriani is very low on confidence; haven't seen much of Gerehty to comment (he's injured though, I think); Flood was terrible on Saturday, and is just average in general; Hodgson is playing very well, though he always bottles it up at international level - that said, he's as good a choice as any.
As for prop... Err. Hm. Surely not Vickery? :huh: No, I don't mind Johnson picking him; that way, Gethin and Adam will be in rugby heaven, turning over the English scrum.[/b]

yeh well in fairness a sheridan-vickery front row won't be pushed around by anyone; yes sheridan gets hyped up and everyone says he'll make mincemeat of hayman/ tialata/ any other tighthead, and he doesn't, but no one ever makes mincemeat of him. With Sheridan and Vickery England still have a solid scrum, just not a dominant one. And I was saying we should drop Vickery for Stevens, but having seen Stevens' flop a number of times at scrumtime I've changed my mind. We got destroyed by NZ as soon as PV went off.

A lot of the reason scrums are nullified nowadays anyway is because no one bothers to make sure the flankers are bound properly which means they get a steal on the backline almost before the ball's out.

At last someone who agrees with me that Vickery is preferable to Stevens at tight head. While Stevens looks great playing his impressive off loading game at Bath along-side Mears his shortcomings in the scrum and lack of a hard edge have made him an impact sub at best. Vickery is not perfect but hes the best we have and dont be surprised to see him as the no 1 tight head for the Lions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Dec 30 2008, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Vickery is not perfect but hes the best we have and dont be surprised to see him as the no 1 tight head for the Lions.[/b]
At first I laughed, but on second thought, with McGeechan and Edwards in the setup, you're probably right...

He`s also on form at the moment. The shortage of top class tight forwards through out the front 5(O`Connell not included) is quite alarming from a Lions point of view. We are going to have to come up with some pretty smart tactics to make sure this tour doesnt become embarrassing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Dec 30 2008, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Vickery is not perfect but hes the best we have[/b]
Euan Murray... Currently the best tighthead in the world.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
dont be surprised to see him as the no 1 tight head for the Lions.[/b]
Is Rob Andrew involved in Lions Selections?

Latest posts