• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Amy Winehouse is Dead.

Not shocked at all - was just a matter of time with the lifestyle she led

Wouldn't wish death on anyone though, so sad news all the same

Good points being made on my Facebook, the media seem to care more about this event than the horrible events recently happeneing in Norway

Dreadful news but I had predicted she would not live thill thirty ..was only a matter of time till the drink and drugs destroyed what in my opinion was a great musician

Because of the drugs, as a person she died years ago. Her body just stopped breathing.

Can't honestly offer sympathy for a drug riddled waster. Many more talented musicians will work their arses off to never have a fraction of the oppertunities she got.

i'd like to say i'm shocked, but as everyone has said, her crazy lifestyle was in no way a help to her health.

Its a shame that she wasted her own talents by being so off her face all the time, don't think I've ever seen a TV performance of her "sober", ever.

RIP Miss Winehouse, one of the very few distinctive and instantly recognizable voices in pop has now vanished :(

hard to be sad for someone that could have had it all and ****** it down the drain............

Sad to hear but this isn't a shock.
What I dislike is fact she was awfully managed. Like what management team sends a drug-addict to Jamacia to record and not have her watched heavily to guard her.

But on her talent she really was a unique and superb musican and artist.

Sad but hardly surprising news. Condolences to her family.

It's a shame that she wasted her talent by, eh, constantly being wasted. She joins Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones, Robert Johnson and Jim Morrison in the 27 Club.

Because of the drugs, as a person she died years ago. Her body just stopped breathing.

Can't honestly offer sympathy for a drug riddled waster. Many more talented musicians will work their arses off to never have a fraction of the oppertunities she got.
+1

Good points being made on my Facebook, the media seem to care more about this event than the horrible events recently happeneing in Norway

And so say all of us! BBC top news: drugged up singer dies.....second news 87 people die in Norway. Sorry got that the wrong way round BBC

I'm as interested in this as I am any other smack head who died today. I'm more concerned with the tragic events in Norway. It's sickening that the most popular news story on the BBC is Amy Winehouse's death.

I'm as interested in this as I am any other smack head who died today. I'm more concerned with the tragic events in Norway. It's sickening that the most popular news story on the BBC is Amy Winehouse's death.
Easy to say that, but she was an artist that people identified with, whether through appreciation of her art or fascination with her weakness. Either way, we think about her and measure our own lives against hers, even if it's just through a casual read of Murdoch's newspapers.

The victims in Norway were murdered by a maniac. Not much to reflect on there.

I've been touched by death a couple of times this year, so maybe that makes me too sensitive. I do think reflecting on the event is important, but that means you must try to understand the life that went before and how you live your own life.

Anyway, it's sad that someone who had the opportunity failed so badly.

I have never measured my own life against hers, I never casually read an article about her because quite frankly I'm not interested in her. How many other drug or alcohol abusers have died this week through their abuse? How many celebrity obsessed people out there know that or care? Yet people fawn over Amy Winehouse because she could sing. The celebrity culture of this country is disgusting. One if the worst crimes in recent memory in Norway - nothing much to reflect on there.

I have never measured my own life against hers, I never casually read an article about her because quite frankly I'm not interested in her. How many other drug or alcohol abusers have died this week through their abuse? How many celebrity obsessed people out there know that or care? Yet people fawn over Amy Winehouse because she could sing. The celebrity culture of this country is disgusting. One if the worst crimes in recent memory in Norway - nothing much to reflect on there.
Well, you can obsess about the obscene deeds of a murderer.

Or salute the brilliance of an artist.

Or just take the ****:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K_Rm_Yu4Bns" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Latest posts