• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Amy Winehouse

S

St Helens RLFC

Amy Winehouse is an overrated, annoying, irritating waste of space.

Discuss.

She is a very troubled person, who is on a constant downward spiral, and will end up dead through her drink and drugs... unfortunately the music industry encourages it, because it keeps her in the public eye and therefore she sells more records...

Having met many bands over the last 6 months, including Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong, who supported Babyshambles and also having met Pete Doherty as well, it is known within the industry cocaine is readily available, the music industry likes the idea of the Rebel Rocker and this is the current category that Amy Winehouse falls in... If you compare to Pete Doherty at the moment 2 months ago he was getting all the press, now he is nowhere to be seen because he has gone clean...

Someone needs to take Amy Winehouse in and help her get through this and away from the media eye... otherwise she will end up dead...

I was going to mention Doherty in the original post but I didn't want to give him the publicity. Seeing as you have brought him up, he's the original waste of space.

Actually a really nice fella mate, having met him several times, decent guy who loves music... unfortunately got mixed up in drugs, took him down a path in his life which was dark... but he has now emerged from that...

I hate to say this, with you being a trained journo but the biggest waste of space is the media, the give them the space in the papers, if they didn't do that then you wouldn't know about it...

The Other is the Record Industry, half the drugs which are in the record industry aren't bought by the artist they are supplied by the industry, so surely if they want to stamp out drugs they need to start within first...

Only ever heard her on the radio - wonderful writer and singer, although reviews of her live performances are a bit iffy. NOT a blond. And lose the tatoos - uuugh!

I agree with giving them the publicity - it's stupid.

Just let them destroy themselves out of the limelight. I know it would suit me fine! Although credit to the media for the nickname "Wino." I know it's really obvious but it's also totally appropriate.

Britney Spears is on the verge of joining the list of waste as well. She makes the Crazy Frog look sane!

Britney Spear's problems are down to Pressure at an early age... You look to some of these stars who have had it all from the first few years they go off the rails, its happened to Jacko and some of the others of the Jackson 5, it has happened to sport stars who have been pressured...

I still don't care what people say, but I believe Amy Winehouse has suffered from problems in her past, you just have to read some of the lyrics they are quite dark, but I blame the media and the music industry all in all... for once why don't they just leave her alone...

Well Dan you have just gone and broken exactly what you said was stupid, you have given her media publicity by posting this on the forum...

i just see it as the record industry trying to re-create the whole, jim morrison, janis joplin, jimmy hendrix thing. the part where they fail misrably is the fact that jim, janis and jimmy all were good musicions...

...and start with a j

<div class='quotemain'> Amy Winehouse is an overrated, annoying, irritating waste of space.

Discuss.

[/b]

Agreed.
[/b][/quote]

As constructive as a director of the RFU!!!

Amy Winegum: Good voice, no brains.

Pete Doherty: Busker capable of the odd interesting guitar bit, no brains.

Britney Spears: No real talent, and, incidentally, no brains.

I love it how people can comment on people who they have never met in real life, they base their opinions on the media's perception of them...

Ah the good ole British way of reading whatever the S*n publishes as gospel... Superb!!!

Cracking ***s though.
[/b]
Pity she seems to be spending much of her time off them though, if reports of her recent 'troubles' are true.

To clarify the "no brains" bit in my earlier post, just in case I came across as a knee-jerk reactionary S*n reader, anyone allegedly getting involved in drug misuse is, if true, bereft of brain in my opinion.

Fair do's, like I say it annoys me how the majority of people just believe what they read in some of these tabloid papers...

Having met Pete Doherty several times, I know some of the pressures that are put onto musicians when they first make it, plus he has had a crap life, yes taking drugs is brainless, I am not doubting that but there are some reasons that people resort to drugs and unless you have personally experienced those lows and the highs which drugs put you on, you will be unable to judge those people... on this earth we were all created equal, we should all be treated as equals, but life never deals us equal cards...

Also I will clarify there are some wasters on the earth, but there are some people (maybe only a small minority) who are very unfortunate with their lifes...

I know what you mean regarding people turning to drugs, and I know that things aren't as black and white as this, but...in an age where we know what they do to your body, I find it incredible that people still get involved with them. It's not some flower-power era with these wonderful magical mystery pills that are new and mind-expanding, we're in a much more educated and enlightened age regarding the effects that substance abuse - either natural or synthetic - has on your body (and your life), and we know that it rarely does you much good.

I can't see any other reason to get involved in drugs other than social pressure or stupidity, as even someone who's been dealt the proverbial 'bad hand' should, deep down, know that they aren't going to make anything any better by going down that route. It's just that it's a slippery slope of teflon-coated proportions, unfortunately, and it rarely forgives people who get involved.

Alot of people who start on the downward spiral start on the drink, which gives them the initial kick and perk up which they need, then once they no longer get that kick they try something new out, that will give them that kick... Unfortunately you can educate until your blue in the face, but you will always have people take drugs, whether it is drink, cigarettes or harder stuff like cocaine and heroin...

It is quite shocking to hear how the music company hold their own cocaine parties for their staff and also how middle england folk have cocaine at their dinner parties, its almost as if it has become a status symbol again in life...

I have a friend who works with people who have addictions, and some of the stories I have heard are shocking truly shocking, there has to be a certain amount of blame pushed on people higher up, but of course the police will only take out the small boys and never go for the big boys because the big boys can usually take several high profile, high standing members of the country with them...

There will always be drugs, there will always be people who look to exploit people and get the hooked on them, there will also always be drugs involved in TV/Film and Music Industry... The key thing is how the media portrays it... the best bet for the media is to ignore celebs drugged up to their eyeballs and concentrate on stories which matter to the public like the financial instability of the country...

Alot of people who start on the downward spiral start on the drink, which gives them the initial kick and perk up which they need, then once they no longer get that kick they try something new out, that will give them that kick... Unfortunately you can educate until your blue in the face, but you will always have people take drugs, whether it is drink, cigarettes or harder stuff like cocaine and heroin...

It is quite shocking to hear how the music company hold their own cocaine parties for their staff and also how middle england folk have cocaine at their dinner parties, its almost as if it has become a status symbol again in life...

I have a friend who works with people who have addictions, and some of the stories I have heard are shocking truly shocking, there has to be a certain amount of blame pushed on people higher up, but of course the police will only take out the small boys and never go for the big boys because the big boys can usually take several high profile, high standing members of the country with them...

There will always be drugs, there will always be people who look to exploit people and get the hooked on them, there will also always be drugs involved in TV/Film and Music Industry... The key thing is how the media portrays it... the best bet for the media is to ignore celebs drugged up to their eyeballs and concentrate on stories which matter to the public like the financial instability of the country...
[/b]
I agree with all of the above. The extent of my posts is basically that it's a pity it happens to many people. You do, however, get your "I'll take drugs cos I'm hard", and your should-know-better 'middle class, middle England' types, who deserve everything and anything they get. The education part, and I'm speaking as a form tutor in a secondary school, is basically just one way of trying to get through to as many kids as possible, and education is a much better approach than the somewhat more old-fashioned 'indoctrination' idea. "Drugs are bad, mmkay?" won't wash.

I do accept, however, that it's a losing battle regarding the way the media still manage to make it look cool, despite the noises they make about 'junkie Pete' etc - look at the way they continue to give Kate Moss attention. I can't believe a thread that started off as "Amy Winehouse is an overrated, annoying, irritating waste of space. Discuss" has got as far as it has, actually, but there you go.

Latest posts