• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

And then another Monster was Discovered...

R

Riot

First there was Lomu, then there was Jerry, now theres Victor.

At 19 yo, many people around new zealand watched Victor Vito destroy anyone in his path this past weekend at the Wellington 7's

Playing Openside Flank in 15's spent alot of the time on the wing during the 7's, even scored the match winning try in the finals in an eery similar style to Lomu, bumping off two Samoan Defenders on the way to the line, bumped off and ran over top of.

And while slightly less built then Collins, he was one of the hardest tacklers of the competiton

The comment that generally went around watching his ball handling, tackling and devasting runs was " jesus christ!"

Any one see this guy in action?

capt.200b2b165b6046649ad62846ec162c41.new_zealand_international_rugby_sevens_wlg110.jpg

I really don't like it the way people are comparing him to Jonah :(

There will never be another Lomu, he could do everything that Vito is doing and a lot more.

Victor is a talent, but won't be another Jonah unless he plays wing in the 15 man game.

Looks like he is going to be in the backrow, perhaps another Rodney or Elsom.

Victor Vito is very talented - he's actually 20 now, turning 21 next month. I wouldn't really compare him to to Jonah (though a couple of tries in the the sevens tournament looked eerily similar to tries Jonah had scored), I'd be more inclined to compare him to Liam Messem or Pierre Spies in playing style. It will be interesting to see what position he ends up playing in - he has been a loose forward until now (a position which he apparently prefers), but there has been some pressure from his province (Wellington) to make a positional switch to the wing. In Wellington he is stuck behind an all All Black loose trio of Collins, Masoe, and So'oialo so I wouldn't be surprised if he made a switch either to the wing, or too another province (we could certainly do with him down here in Otago!!!)

saw the Wellington final highlights and that run of his before his first try was like lomu's path of destruction against England in '95, but no-one can ever replicate the impact lomu made. there will never be another lomu! on the other hand, did anyone see the serious pace from the Samoan 10, Mikaele Pesamino. that was some real gas!

Pesamino was real gas man! what position does he play in the XV aside?

Didn't Wellington convert Roy Kinikinilau from playing flanker to wing? with somewhat moderate success?

Pesamino plays on the wing in XV's - he's been involved in the Auckland rugby team for a couple of years but can't consistantly make the top team given the talent that's above him (Rococoko, Howlett, David Smith, Benson Stanely etc). He's very highly regarded as a sevens player, being nominated for the irb sevens player of the year award last year ( eventually losing out to Pelenise from New Zealand).

I'm not bothered where he ends up playing tbh, just as long as I see more of him because I was really impressed.
Even if a guy at the gym kept calling him Vic Vimto.

Latest posts