• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Andre Pretorius set to join Force

J

Jer1cho

http://www.sport24.co.za/Content/Rugby/264...t_to_join_Force

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Sydney - Former Springbok flyhalf Andre Pretorius is considering an offer to play for the Force next season, the Australian provincial side said on Thursday.

The 31-Test Pretorius, who missed out on the South African squad for this month's series against the British and Irish Lions, was interested in the Force offer, officials said.

Force's general manager for rugby, Mitch Hardy, said the Perth-based outfit had made an offer to 30-year-old Pretorius after Stormers flyhalf Peter Grant had knocked back an approach.

"He's (Pretorius) interested," Hardy said. "(Coach) John Mitchell's had a chat to him and we've put an offer in front of him and we are just waiting for a decision.

"He has to weigh up where his rugby aspirations lie as to whether he still aspires to play for the Springboks and be involved in Currie Cup campaigns back in South Africa.

"We are hoping that the contract we put together will allow him to achieve both those options."

The Force are looking for an experienced playmaker following the loss of Wallaby flyhalf Matt Giteau to Australian rivals, the Brumbies.

The franchise is also waiting on a decision from Wallabies' prop Matt Dunning on whether he will join them next year from the Waratahs.[/b]

Lol. Cheers.

The players leaving? Its John Mitchell's fault strraaaaight up! lol but i always thought Petorius was a decent 10. Shouldn't be that bad a signing is it??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Jun 13 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The players leaving? Its John Mitchell's fault strraaaaight up! lol but i always thought Petorius was a decent 10. Shouldn't be that bad a signing is it??[/b]

Until he breaks. Very good player but in a competition with Johnny at the moment I reckon

Latest posts