Status
Not open for further replies.

kovana

Bench Player
Country Flag
Samoa
Club or Nation
Blues
Just watched that off the ball incident in the Wales vs NZ match where Hore closelines Jarvis.

Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN8o_t0Vylo

At first it looked pretty tame, but jeezus, on 2nd look... Really dirty attack on a player.

I think Jarvis was knocked out. Should have been a red card to Hore.. what a group of useless match officials.

Hore really should be banned for a long time for that.

Anyone have a gif of it?

Anyways discuss.

Last edited:
No because it was Davies he cheapshotted. Jarvis was injured in a separate, accidental incident

But yes he should be banned, however as its the IRB and NZ he'll get 1 or 2 weeks

Last edited:
He should get ten weeks. However, if that was so many New Zealanders would feel aggrieved with the inconsistency of IRB decisions. He should still get 10 weeks at least but either way the IRB will look a bit stupid. It doesn't actually matter how many weeks he gets. There is only one more game on the tour. The IRB needs to wake up and ban players in terms of games like any sane organization would do. Banning Hore for one week or 25 weeks will have no effect on how many test matches he misses. I feel sorry for the French next year who will have to line up against a thug. He should be out up until the end of next year's Rugby Championship. It should have been a straight red card too but I don't think that would have changed the outcome of the game.

Oops, was getting mixed up with Jarvis in the injury reports as well.

But yes, they should ban by matches, not weeks.

We'll see what the citing committee make of it. It was cowardly and thuggish and deserves a long ban.

Yup. Pure thuggery. Should be banned for life. Heck, should be banned from life!

Cheap kiwis.

Greyling and his other INTL rugby mates (Muay Thai knees to mcCaw a few years back) assualting half of the ABs on the other hand - fair play and nothing wrong with them.

Yup. Pure thuggery. Should be banned for life. Heck, should be banned from life!

Cheap kiwis.

Greyling and his other INTL rugby mates (Muay Thai knees to mcCaw a few years back) assualting half of the ABs on the other hand - fair play and nothing wrong with them.

No one's saying that put Hore in any jersey and he should get a lengthy ban.

Cheap kiwis.

Nonsense. The people who think Hore deserves a long-time ban are the same who felt Greyling got off easy. Stuff like this should be banned from the rugby field and off the ball-incidents like this (a cheap shot) should be a 12-month ban, regardless of who does it.

No one's saying that put Hore in any jersey and he should get a lengthy ban.

Wasn't disagreeing - seeing that hit - he def should get a ban. Way different to the Thomson thing - which people thought of as some devil in a black jersey.

My point simply was, there is clearly an anti New Zealand thing going on in the NH (for the msot part - I presume that most of them aren't TRF regulars ;)) and those would judge that Hore be hung or something to that effect. :rolleyes:

Was surprised Eddie Butler said of the AB's great to watch but always leave a sour taste in the mouuth. I do think that was a very harsh comment and he should know better.

As for the match officials not seeing it. The shot looked to be behind several players and it takes a second to swing an arm and connect. The far side official might not have had a view at all and the others would have been looking at the contact area. School boy rugby if your going to dink another player do it off the ball. Chances are the ref will be following ball watching and looking at the tackle area.

It was a very cheap shot and you must be pretty dumb to try it at pro level. Given alll the cameras and citing laws. You might get away with it in your bog standard 2nd XV

First viewing, I thought 'Penalty'. Second, I was screaming for Hore's head and wanting a red card to temporally sustain my bloodlust. Scum.

Nonsense. The people who think Hore deserves a long-time ban are the same who felt Greyling got off easy. Stuff like this should be banned from the rugby field and off the ball-incidents like this (a cheap shot) should be a 12-month ban, regardless of who does it.

Bradley Davies himself would have been banned going by those rules ...

I'm sure after the Thomson headlines, the citing panel will lean on the side of a harsh ban compared to a lenient one.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, every single website I have been on has tried to justify the Hore hit by showing Davies' tackle.
He was punished, done, move on.

Hore should be looking at a nice long ban for that. Joseph might want to give Rutledge a ring and send some cake round to his house.

OK, every single website I have been on has tried to justify the Hore hit by showing Davies' tackle.

Hore should be looking at a nice long ban for that.Joseph might want to give Rutledge a ring and send some cake round to his house.

He certainly deserves a good ban - I reckon 12 weeks would be about right (as we have our first game of the season against the Chiefs in 13 weeks time ;))

Given the fact we are at the end of the NZ season a ban of 1 week and a ban of 12 weeks would be effectively the same..

Last edited:
It should get a lengthy ban tbh.. Also I agree the IRB should do a Game based ban than Weeks.. as being banned for 8 weeks (as a example) means f all now for him to be fair as super rugby for example doesnt start (afaik) till next February.

Hore should be looking at a nice long ban for that. Joseph might want to give Rutledge a ring and send some cake round to his house.

I agree but as I understand Davies only got 7 weeks and only a yellow card when the assistant referee actually saw the incident. Unfortunately the officials missed Hore's stupid tackle. That is possible as all the officials can't be looking everywhere at once. If he only got 7 weeks for that, Hore probably deserves about four or five when in reality Hore deserves a lot more.

Hore is an utter see you next tuesday. Only just seen it and that is pretty much assault, especially since Davies was knocked out and hospitalized. Just disgusting. He deserved at least 12 months or more in my eyes, and should've been red carded (if Warburtons was a red, that definitely was!). Doubt it'd have made a difference after the way we played in the first half, but it's just so frustrating that ever since that Semi final, refs have been utterly scared to show reds in big games! In fairness, I'm guessing they simply missed this one, everyones human I suppose.

And before anyone says anything, Davies counts in that. Should've been red carded, and banned for ages. I was just as disgusted with him at the time, and I hate the way that people seem to be almost justifying Hore using that tackle.

He certainly deserves a good ban - I reckon 12 weeks would be about right (as we have our first game of the season against the Chiefs in 13 weeks time ;))

Given the fact we are at the end of the NZ season a ban of 1 week and a ban of 12 weeks would be effectively the same..
Yeah, that is an issue. Why the IRB don't hand out 'match' bans confuses me. It would make more sense, would it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts