• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Andrew Hore retires

I think you've missed the point. You are offering no evidence of a player acting dirty more than once. No judicary record. No video evidence. You are extrapolating one example of a player acting dirty and making a giant generalization. My point is simply that taking one isolated incidents, even several - really isn't enough to call someone a teenage hooligan. I didn't take anything personally. I see you very clearly did by sulking that I applied it to an example you understand.

Or prove me wrong and find another on field incident where Andrew Hore has been particularly dirty. For a dirty player who has had a professional career of nearly 15 years it should be very easy. Don't salk when asked to justify your position. I have nothing against Georgian rugby or Gorgodze, meerly pointing out I can find more evidence of Gorgodze being 'dirty' than I can of Andrew Hore.

You don't tell me I salk when when asked justifications
I wrote I think this guy is not a gentleman player and whole TRF-ers mounted attack against Georgia
I saw his play against many teams especially in ABs and I saw many details this guy can't hold back in situations, was it Ireland, England, RSA or Wallabies matches
he's playing like its a doomsday and makes things like a rookie, purposeful dirty things that young newbies do when introduced to Rugby and told not to compromise against others
this video was just available in "postable" option and that's it
And posting contra arguments against Georgia doesn't make this guy an angel
You have players like Mealamu and Hayman and this guy just vanishes after mentioning these names

Every Kiwi is in agreement that Hore was a complete dick on this occasion and deserved whatever punishment came his way for a cheap shot that has no place in rugby.
We are also agreed that you alexrugby are a W@anker.

W@naker Jones I will write some reputation scores for you, for being such an apt example of TRF posters

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that is Georgia's team you recognized them correctly

Well Hore isn't looking like teenager but looks like teenage hooligan when blocking the opponent defenders or offenders

Always guarantees some extra dirty fist in neck or face while entering ruck

On leaving scrum he usually has somebody's face torn on his knees

I have seen and I see many players that play more clean rugby than he did

SO now we can start posting every team's every fight scene and let's see who's cooler

Lol. Do you realize that you are making this up, or do you think this is actually the truth? Many people of this forum have watched Hore play hundreds of games of rugby - as nickdnz points out Hore only committed a single notable thuggish act in well over 200 matches of professional rugby. He originally got an 8 week suspension, which was lowered to 5 weeks because of his "exemplary disciplinary record"! No-one is saying he is an angel, but you are simple making things up.....

Lol. Do you realize that you are making this up, or do you think this is actually the truth? Many people of this forum have watched Hore play hundreds of games of rugby - as nickdnz points out Hore only committed a single notable thuggish act in well over 200 matches of professional rugby. He originally got an 8 week suspension, which was lowered to 5 weeks because of his "exemplary disciplinary record"! No-one is saying he is an angel, but you are simple making things up.....

And you think its my first time watching his play?

And you think its my first time watching his play?

I have no idea how often you have seen him play. However your comments indicate you have formed your opinion on Hore on the basis of a single youtube video.

so you are definitely wrong my friend

and watching my favorite foreign team's number 2 doing great play but dirty things was not pleasant

but criticism is not tolerated from ABs

I am off this topic

that guy is not my favorite

so you are definitely wrong my friend

and watching my favorite foreign team's number 2 doing great play but dirty things was not pleasant

but criticism is not tolerated from ABs

I am off this topic

that guy is not my favorite

Criticism of the All Blacks (or All Blacks players) is fine. We have had our fair share of dirty players in the past, and still have a few in the side now that push the boundary (Ben Franks is a notable one). However if you make some player out to be serial thug on the basis of a single incident people are probably going to call you out on it. Unless you can document a few more cases of Hore's supposed on field thuggery (and explain how he has hidden this blatant thuggery from the citing commissioners for the last 15 years!) there is really no point in debating this with you!

I know I'm not a moderator, but please guys.

I'm just watching from the sidelines, but to me, this looks like it's getting close to bullying instead of debating. Alexrugby is being forced to defend himself from attacks rather than debating the rugby points.

I may or may not agree with his opinions (personally cant stand Hore due mainly to his thinking it's fun to shoot seals with large calibre rifles), but please try to keep it as a debate.

Darwin, your last post was excellent, it offered a counter to alex's post :)

I'm just watching from the sidelines, but to me, this looks like it's getting close to bullying instead of debating. Alexrugby is being forced to defend himself from attacks rather than debating the rugby points.

I may or may not agree with his opinions (personally cant stand Hore due mainly to his thinking it's fun to shoot seals with large calibre rifles), but please try to keep it as a debate.

I don't think I would call it bullying, but I do agree that one member (The Jones Boy) has stepped over the mark. My statements have been pretty direct (suggesting he is making things up), but in this case I think I was being pretty polite ;) If I made some statements suggesting that a Welsh player (let's call him Bradley Davies) committed thuggish acts at every ruck or scrum (as Alexrugby suggested Hore did) you would be well within your right to suggest I'm simply making things up (unless of course I had some sort of evidence to back this up). Indeed you would probably be well within your rights to be far more blunt than that :) Part of the problem here may in fact be a language issue, as I assume English is not Alexrugby's first language (I apologize if I'm wrong) - I know how difficult is can be to debate in another language!

Anyways back on topic (sort-of). Personally I'm not a big fan of Hore off the field either (for the same reason as you), but there are many professional rugby players whose off-field antics/demeanor don't impress me. It is a bit unfortunate that an excellent All Blacks career seems to be have been completely overshadowed by a single act of thuggery (that was blown out of proportion) and an off-field incident.

criticism of ABs is not my aim
my aim is to say I dont like a player in my foreign favorite team
but NZs get any criticism too close to heart
and e-brawl is on the way
damn it thats boring :)

just come back in to this thread and a bit surprised at its direction

personally i think Alex should have to defend what he is saying because he's making it up, Hore has done enough both right and wrong in his career to talk about without making stuff up.

i don't think anyone has come on here and said they were a fan of him as a person but that doesn't mean anyone should get to slander him which i think Alex is pretty close to

damn it I will consult pope of Rome to announce Hore as a saint for you guys

this is glory of our forum- make sure nobody says bad about all blacks and if somebody dares, throw the stones on that ********ch

great job

Last edited:
damn it I will consult pope of Rome to announce Hore as a saint for you guys

this is glory of our forum- make sure nobody says bad about all blacks and if somebody dares, throw the stones on that ********ch

great job

no one has said that, in fact almost everyone has condemned him for stuff he's done, just because people like to stick to the truth and disagree with you doesn't mean they are claiming he is perfect, you have already proven your penchant for fiction

Every Kiwi is in agreement that Hore was a complete dick on this occasion and deserved whatever punishment came his way for a cheap shot that has no place in rugby.
We are also agreed that you alexrugby are a W@anker.

Are all kiwis in agreement about the BOD spear tackle too ? ;)

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil hey ?

Why did this thread get resurrected? Whether you like or dislike Andrew Hore, it seems his playing days (barring an unlikely comeback attempt) are over and you'll no longer have to watch him play regardless of your feelings and this thread feels like it's reached moot point status.

Are all kiwis in agreement about the BOD spear tackle too ? ;)

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil hey ?

I think you'll find EVERYONE agrees that was a horrible incident....people just dont necessarily agree it was some sort of planned move by the two of them to take him out of the tour

edit: fixed

Last edited:
I think you'll find EVERYONE agrees that was a horrible incident....people just necessarily agree it was some sort of planned move by the two of them to take him out of the tour

I was joking ! Take a chill pill dude . Although I like the fact you said "people just necessarily agree it was to take him out"

Bit of a typo there boss ;)

This thread is going absolutely nowhere but trouble, I'm not singling anyone out but just sense it's going to end up in a shouting match and it's died two times already before being brought back and I've already had prior reports from it to deal with. Going to close it now if someone feels otherwise please PM me or one of the other staff members.

Cheers guys: LG.

Edit: Have reopened this just in case anyone actually wants to discuss Andrew Hore not being around for a start of a season and I think the break should have cooled everyone off. At this point I don't think the thread will even reactivate.

Last edited: