Andrew Johns brings new ideas for Sharks

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by Steve-o, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

http://www.keo.co.za/2009/01/14/joey-brings-new-ideas/
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    "Johns, considered to be the best league player ever"
    ^ BTW is that statement true?

Anyway, great to have Plummy thinking out of the box fo new ideas. You gotta love those Kiwi coaches. I hope this happens more with our Saffa coaches, but it's good that a bench mark is being set by the Sharks.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. melon

melon Guest

Yes, the statement is true to the majority of fans and aficionados alike.

4. Hall

Hall Guest

He was also a pill-head wasn't he?

5. melon

melon Guest

Yes.

It has nothing to do with his playing ability though.

6. Hall

Hall Guest

I know, I know.

7. rsea

rsea Guest

Best leaguie ever

8. Fred187

Fred187 Guest

It's between Joey Johns and Wally Lewis - but only because Australians completely disregard all European players. Shaun Edwards should really be up there, and probably Jason too, but his time in Union means he's really a cross-code player rather than a League player.

9. QLD

QLD Guest

Woah. I was in the bookshop today, and I had a bit of a read of the biography of.. Andrew Johns! And even freakier I was reading the chapter about his potential switch to union.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Jan 14 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    It is. People will say "But he took drugs!" but they don't realise they were recreational and the drugs probably affected his on field performances even more. In his book he talks about the differences of the game and said union 10 years ago was free flowing and great to watch, but nowadays it's too structured and opposition are too much in each others faces.

Is David Campese still living in South Africa and coaching one of the S14 teams?

10. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

Yeah he's here with the Sharks coaching. I believe he has married a Saffa and has settled here.

11. Vambo

Vambo Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 14 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Of the two I'd edge towards Lewis but Johns is certainly one of the greats.

Ellery Hanley is the best player I've ever seen. Pure magic........

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!