• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Andries Bekker cheating on wife!!!

rugbywriter

Academy Player
What a pitty. I've lost a lot of respect for someone who was one of my favourite players. This should have been the best year of his life and he's cocked it up.

thumbnail.ashx

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Cheating-Bok-exposed-20100604

Cape Town - Married Springbok rugby player Andries Bekker is having an affair, YOU magazine has revealed.

YOU snapped photos of 26-year-old Bekker’s public park trysts with a student, Alet Strydom, 23, after a rugby supporter recognised Bekker and called the magazine. The photos clearly show Bekker and Strydom kissing.

The Stormers lock was one of the stars of this year’s Super 14 rugby and is currently on tour with the national team.

He has been married to his teenage sweetheart, Pioni, for two years, and according to YOU he has been seeing Strydom for the past five months.

“I love my wife very, very much,†he told YOU via his dad, Hennie Bekker - also a former Springbok player.

“I’m genuinely sorry. It’s the first time ever and I was stupid.â€

Read more and see the photos at YOU.co.za.

- YOU

What a pitty. I've lost a lot of respect for someone who was one of my favourite players. This should have been the best year of his life and he's cocked it up.

thumbnail.ashx

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Cheating-Bok-exposed-20100604

Cape Town - Married Springbok rugby player Andries Bekker is having an affair, YOU magazine has revealed.

YOU snapped photos of 26-year-old Bekker's public park trysts with a student, Alet Strydom, 23, after a rugby supporter recognised Bekker and called the magazine. The photos clearly show Bekker and Strydom kissing.

The Stormers lock was one of the stars of this year's Super 14 rugby and is currently on tour with the national team.

He has been married to his teenage sweetheart, Pioni, for two years, and according to YOU he has been seeing Strydom for the past five months.

"I love my wife very, very much," he told YOU via his dad, Hennie Bekker - also a former Springbok player.

"I'm genuinely sorry. It's the first time ever and I was stupid."

Read more and see the photos at YOU.co.za.

- YOU

Strangely enough there is no offical quotes from Bekker, only the magazine.

What Bekker does in his private life is his own business. I think it's sad that newspapers and magazines print these stories since they're private matters which concern only him and his family.

In your own words rugbywriter... ' What the **** does that have to do with how he plays rugby?'

The guys private life is his own. Like Tiger's. It's a disgrace that people can't be flawed or perfect at home, the world needs their opinion. Stuff that!

You're a fool to admire these guys for anything else that playing with a ball...

Man don't give me that kak. It's not like I'm saying he must be dropped. Stop getting all high and mighty and get over yourself. The way some of you are carrying on you'd swear I said this means he sucks at rugby. Look, he's a fantastic rugby player, he's awesome. I just posted this because I thought you guys would be interested toknow. Don't go putting words in my mouth all of you. I have alot of respect for him as a rugby player but my admiration for him is gone. Now do some of you fools get it or do I have to explain even more?

You're a fool to admire these guys for anything else that playing with a ball...

Posts beginning with "Your a fool", do nothing but insult from the get-go. I know your intelligent enough to make your case without that part. It's obviously the incitement point for this thread.

As far as rugby writer goes, I think he's just saying he admired Bekker for his rugby abilities and now he doesn't. Which is odd, as rugby ability and private life are two different things. People are fallible and this kind of thing would not change my mind on a player.

Is fool that strong a word? Well in this case too bad but I do think this role model thingy and admiration bla bla bla is, well, misplaced.

Is fool that strong a word? Well in this case too bad but I do think this role model thingy and admiration bla bla bla is, well, misplaced.

Yeah the role model thing belongs with peoples families or people significant in your own real lives, not sport stars or people you've never met for real.

We could argue forever about the varying strengths of words. Still, calling someone a fool is an insult and a starting point for bigger arguments.

Ok, sorry about that then...

No big deal. I am actually a mistake-maker myself and proud of it. Good attitude mate.

Back to the issue (or non-issue). Bekker or any player, politician or any other figure head should not be a role model when it comes to domestic harmony. It's just ridiculous. They have as much responsibility as the 100 odd random cheating partners within 20 square miles of you.

I'm late to the party, but whatever.

This is pretty bad, I know it doesn't mean much to us as older teenagers / adults, or maybe it does. The fact is young people look up to rugby players, for whatever reason. Playing for your country isn't just about being good at the sport, it is about representing it, and your country. Rugby has gone down hill lately, with so many players getting involved with the wrong side of the law and immoral decisions like this. Kurtley Beale, Andy Powell, Quade Cooper, Rene Ranger, the Harlequins incident and this, to name a few. At the end of the day they are just rugby players to those who are old enough to realise they are just people, their **** stinks like ours. I have no time for Bekker if this is true as he just seems like an asshole now.

I'm like that though, I wont go see a Polanski movie or anyone who supports him or watch it on television out of principle. Everyone is different.

He isn't a role model, never thought he was, but I am bias in the fact that you have to have a good personality to be able to represent your country, and being an international player is all about representing your country.

The thing is, as a professional rugby player your job is to play the best rugby you can. Nothing more, nothing less. You can say he's a role model and therefore he has tpo act like one, but he never signed up to that deal, and neither did any of the other highly criticised sports stars. No rugby player is perfect. I believe that holding public figures to an unreasonable expectation of how to act is wrong. Is it morally right to cheat on your girlfriend? No, not at all. Is it a mistake that many people make? Yes it is. It seems to be criminalised however when a famous person cheats. You can say he's a role model, and in a way he is. As a kid I never said "maaan, I want to have the social life of Christian Cullen", I said "I wish I could play as well as him". People make mistakes. Let he without sin cast the first stone.

The thing is, as a professional rugby player your job is to play the best rugby you can. Nothing more, nothing less. You can say he's a role model and therefore he has tpo act like one, but he never signed up to that deal, and neither did any of the other highly criticised sports stars. No rugby player is perfect. I believe that holding public figures to an unreasonable expectation of how to act is wrong. Is it morally right to cheat on your girlfriend? No, not at all. Is it a mistake that many people make? Yes it is. It seems to be criminalised however when a famous person cheats. You can say he's a role model, and in a way he is. As a kid I never said "maaan, I want to have the social life of Christian Cullen", I said "I wish I could play as well as him". People make mistakes. Let he without sin cast the first stone.

That's a pretty convincing argument right there. Top post!

With regard to Iron Mike the only thing I agree with there is that everyone is different and Iron Mike has the right to feel the way he does. His views are not the same as my views, but he's entitled to them.

Latest posts