• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Andy Howell's wales team to face italy, and its actually not terrible!

AzaMatt

Bench Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...m-warren-gatland-11039358#ICID=FB-Wales-rugby

granted theres quite a few changes but i cant argue against most of them. dont think biggar deserves to lose his spot but interested to see what anscombe can do at 10 behind a good pack. plus the webb-biggar partnership needs to be rekindled. i do feel most of the subs from the england game should start as reward for the effort they put in during the second half, they literally changed the game.

so my question is, do we go whole sale changes to see what the fringe players have got? or give the lads a chance to redeem themselves?

For once I would agree with Howell - would love to see this side get a shot. But naturally, it looks like that hasn't happened in the slightest...

Starting XV: Liam Williams; George North, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, Hallam Amos; Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb; Rob Evans, Scott Baldwin, Samson Lee; Bradley Davies, Luke Charteris; Dan Lydiate (C), Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Ken Owens, Gethin Jenkins, Tomas Francis*, Jake Ball, Ross Moriarty, Gareth Davies, Rhys Priestland, Gareth Anscombe.

A bit of a letdown to be honest. It'll be fine, they'll get the win, but I just can't figure why we wouldn't experiment a bit if we've got nothing to lose.

Latest posts