• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Another Crusader off to Japan

M

Mehrtsisagod

Source:
http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/news/news-st...ontent_id=68653

Former All Blacks number eight Mose Tuiali'i is off to Japan, having signed for two years with the Yamaha club.

Tuiali'i says he met with assistant All Blacks coach Steve Hansen a month ago when his mind was made up. He says while Hansen was disappointed he was also supportive of his decision.

The 27 year-old will link up with Reuben Thorne after rejecting offers from English and French clubs. He says he has researched the club and the area and he asked several players who had previously played in Japan like Leon MacDonald to fill him in. His research indicates the club is also handy to a good surf beach which has been a big lure.

Tuiali'i says he will not be heading over to Japan until March so will be available for Canterbury's Air New Zealand Cup campaign.

This is a complete shock to me as I had no idea he was in negotiations with anyone. I guess the All Blacks yet again took too long for a callup so another quality player is gone.

Ah, so he's an employee of Yamaha now.

Hope he gets on the pension program, I've heard its pretty good..

ahh bugger. oh well he gets to see out his contract with the NZRFU then can take off and have a good time over there.

Good luck to him i say, has been great for Canterbury rugby. Next years crusaders are going to be totally different and it woudl have been good to have him around.

but oh well.

how new zealand dont have much money,
they have one of the best sides in the world. get good crowds but dont have money whats going on

how new zealand dont have much money,
they have one of the best sides in the world. get good crowds but dont have money whats going on [/b]
The population of NZ is about 4.3 million. The population of your country, England, is over 50 million.

Now, do you think with that population difference that income from avenues such as merchandise could be different? I think not.

Also, look at the sheer numbers of professional and semi-professional teams over there compared to NZ. Its tenfold! Atleast!

Quite simply, money can't be as abundant when a population is 10 times smaller.

That sucks.. i would have liked to see him play crusaders again next year i think he was really quite good

Steven Yates also signed for a Japanese club.. big loss - I would have had him ahead of Sean Maitland!

Latest posts