• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Another Fijian heading to SA?

M

munross

Link:http://www.supersport.co.za/rugby/article....?&id=266745

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Fijian wing sensation Rupeni Caucaunibuca could be heading to South Africa to play for the Cape Town-based Stormers and Western Province. Negotiations to secure the services of one of the most lethal finishers of the modern game are at an advanced stage.

According to Johannesburg-based player agent Greg Tinkler of Sterling Sport, Caucaunibuca's Fijian agent approached his company to explore options of playing in South Africa. "Rupeni is arguably the greatest talent of the last decade and he is awesome to watch, so I am excited at the possibility of him playing in South Africa."

Western Province MD Rob Wagner confirmed that the franchise is talking to the Fijian but could not disclose when he was expected in the country.

Tinkler disclosed that Caucaunibuca is currently in Fiji playing for a local club called Tailevu in their Digicel Cup and is reported to be in fine form after months of injury recovery following his release from French club Agen in February. He had been playing in France since 2005, where he received numerous accolades including the 2006 French Player of the Year honour as well as top try-scorer's awards in 2005 and 2006.

Caucau, as he is commonly known, first made headlines playing for the Auckland Blues of New Zealand in the then Super 12, but catapulted into stardom against France at the 2003 World Cup when he scored one of the finest individual tries ever seen, running from his own 22 and showing prodigious pace, power and evasive skills to dot down under the poles

The flamboyant 28-year-old Caucau has been described by opposition such as England centre Mike Tindall as "the best player I have ever played against" and Scotland's Chris Paterson said of him that "when he is fit he can be the world's best player" and that "he is the type that can win a game almost on his own".

The Stormers already have the services of another Fijian winger in Sireli Naqelevuki and, together with Caucau, they are sure to terrorise opposition defences.

Tinkler intimated that he had more international big-name signings on the cards to play in South Africa.[/b]

:blink: Good golly!Just imagine having Sireli Naqelevuki and Rupeni Caucaunibuca together in a Stormers team! :bana: .Well if he gets signed by the Stormers,lets just hope he can learn the other players to score tries

I thought he was already in talks with the Leicester Tigers. It'll be good just to see him playing Rugby again no matter where he goes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Aug 25 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I thought he was already in talks with the Leicester Tigers. It'll be good just to see him playing Rugby again no matter where he goes.[/b]
I hope he gs to the waratahs or stormers, makes it more accessible for us in the southern hemesphire to see him play again.

I hope he goes to the Stormers than we'll be able to see 2 of the fastest Rugby players Caucaunibuca and Chavagna on the same side and than the 'Who's the fastest Rugby player' debate might come closer to being settled.

Imagine what kind of fire power the Stormers would have with them gees it'll be a hell of a task for any opposition. I just hope he starts playing Rugby again hopefully in the SH no matter what team it'll be sweet as aye.

Yeah we'll have to see with who he signs, but it will be a big boost for the Stormers if he do sign for them.

Latest posts