• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(Another) Football v's Rugby Video ;)

the game has been infected with this bullsh!t cheating [/b]

Isn't rugby a game based around cheating and infringing. It has a rule-book the size of the bible to deal with all the ways of breaking the rules.

SB

You need more skills to play soccer?
Make a list of all the skills needed for soccer. Then make a list of all the skills needed for rugby.

Prove that you need more skills.

<div class='quotemain'>

the game has been infected with this bullsh!t cheating [/b]

Isn't rugby a game based around cheating and infringing. It has a rule-book the size of the bible to deal with all the ways of breaking the rules.

SB
[/b][/quote]

the main area where players play on the edge of the rule book would be the tackle ball area, although its considred a bit of a dark art slowing up ball and turning over posession, something regularly accepted and in some cases appreciated

its is NOT a game based on cheating and infringing the sin bin has been a great deterent in that respect

football is also a game NOT based on cheating but the amount of times players go down to win penalties and free kicks is unreal, its the level of play acting which is despicable, full grown men rolling on the floor like babies...my god one of the most disgraceful things I've ever scene is skeletor Rivaldo pretending to be hit in the face as an opposition player kicked the ball to his feet, the player was sent off...poor poor sportsmanship

there about 10 of those "incidents" to every 1 rugby "incident"

the main area where players play on the edge of the rule book would be the tackle ball area, although its considred a bit of a dark art slowing up ball and turning over posession, something regularly accepted and in some cases appreciated

its is NOT a game based on cheating and infringing the sin bin has been a great deterent in that respect

football is also a game NOT based on cheating but the amount of times players go down to win penalties and free kicks is unreal, its the level of play acting which is despicable, full grown men rolling on the floor like babies...my god one of the most disgraceful things I've ever scene is skeletor Rivaldo pretending to be hit in the face as an opposition player kicked the ball to his feet, the player was sent off...poor poor sportsmanship

there about 10 of those "incidents" to every 1 rugby "incident"
[/b]

So someone putting hands in the ruck or going in from the side isn't cheating it's just clever gamesmanship and is saluted...but someone flinging themselves to the floor in order to win a penalty is shameful. Seems to me Rugby has just come to terms with and legislated it's cheating whereas in footy the diver is still pilloried whenever it happens by fan & media alike.

So which is the cheats game?

For Rivaldo read Andy Haden.

Seems to me Rugby has just come to terms with and legislated it's cheating whereas in footy the diver is still pilloried whenever it happens by fan & media alike.

[/b]

there's probably some truth in that, another factor to consider is the advantage law which regularly gets used in rugby more often than football

i don't know why the cheating in rugby goes down better than cheating in football, maybe its just the level of dramatics and play acting involved

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Exhibit A:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N4iMz0ci1CI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N4iMz0ci1CI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Alan Smith broke his shin and dislocated his ankle that day. That was just over a year ago now, IIRC, and he is back playing footy better than ever. Hard man status: verified.

And whoever thinks John Terry is the last of the footballing hard men obviously hasn't seen a certain gentleman called Gennaro Ivan Gattuso in action.

Enduring a high level of pain doesn't make you a hardman. I've experienced quite a lot myself but I'm not remotely hard.

Terry Butcher beginning the game game with a white shirt and ending it with the same shirt coloured red with his own blood. That's hard.

Enduring a high level of pain doesn't make you a hardman. I've experienced quite a lot myself but I'm not remotely hard.

Terry Butcher beginning the game game with a white shirt and ending it with the same shirt coloured red with his own blood. That's hard.
[/b]

Bert Trautman played a cup final with a broken neck. Nails.

So what, Ben Cohen played a full test match against South Africa last November with a broken collar bone. I don't hear people banging on about that.

Don't we have every right to be self-righteous though?
You know, what with playing and supporting a man's game...

They're also passonate at football games...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FDtCY7wlX2Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FDtCY7wlX2Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sorry, I didn't watch the clip that was posted, I was trying to remember when it happened a few years ago & I saw it on tele.
----------------------
I enjoy watching football, you can see great games & great goals, but it's always ruined by diving football players & hooligans. That's why rugby is far better than football (IMO). In rugby, you can go & have a chat with your opponents fans (be it a club game or International match). You can't do that without some sort of aggro with football fans. My brother went to watch Man U v Portsmouth in the Premiership. He went into a pub in Manchester & the Portsmouth fans weren't allowed to go in the same pub as the Mancs fans. The Portsmouth fans had to go in a separate pub.

Think those diveball and Rugby injuries are bad?!

Phil Tufnell once played a test match with only twenty B&H

Beat that *****es!

Latest posts