Anthony Mundine vs. Danny Green

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by Wally, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Wally

Wally Guest

DANNY "The Green Machine" GREEN

vs

ANTHONY "The Man" MUNDINE

"The biggest fight in Australian boxing history..."

Aussie Stadium, May 17

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

The fight was postponed nearly a month ago due to Danny injuring his back during training.

The fight has been delayed a month to May 17.

....and can someone move this thread to the Other Sports section please.

4. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

LINK

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. lets go mundine!

6. mundines a f***nut. he should be on the wall of shame. i would make a artical on him, but he would take up the entire wall.

7. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

He may be a cocky *******(so was Ali) but you cant deny the fact he's one of the great athletes in the world.

To be one of the best league players and switch to boxing and become the World Champ with only a handful of fights is a pretty awesome acheivment.

8. paddy303

paddy303 Guest

go green smash the so called 'THE MAN'

9. but ali was black. which means hes cool.

the reason why i hate mundine is how he dicked around with the nrl for so long.

10. Serge

Serge Guest

I would love nothing more than to see Mundine's arrogant face smashed to pieces, but there is no denying he is an amazing sportsman. He was an incredible league player and I'm starting to think he is an even better boxer.

11. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

Wally you wally, you posted this thread in the 'Rugby gaming' section under 'other'...................Bloody mods!

I have never heard of these guys, I'm going for the bald guy.

12. Wally

Wally Guest

Fair go. Both forums have the word 'other' in them.

13. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

My monies on Mundine, call him a nut case, call him whatever... he's doing more for his community than any other person in Australia.

Hope he wins and then goes to the Canberra and smacks out Howard till he says sorry.

14. esoj

esoj Guest

first off good going wally for posting in the wrong section of the forum. this section and the sports section may both have other section but this one is preceded by sidhe game above it and swordfish games which you have to be blind to miss

anyway on the topic could be a good fight. green isn't exactly bad but mundine is a hard guy to beat.

15. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Give him a break, do you kow how hard it is to tell the difference after you've just had 3 bongz ,2 spliffs,2 buckets and a Rocket?........its damn near impossible.

Back on topic..

I've seen all of both these guys pro fights and i honestly cant confidently pick a winner.........Thats what makes this such a great fight.

Mundine has the edge in speed

Green has the edge in power

I think the key factor in this fight is Mundines tactics, i can see him winning if he opts to keep his distance and use his jab and speed advantage(fights smart/boring), but with all the hype around this fight and with a crowd of over 30,000 going nuts we could see a toe to toe war....which should suit Green.

No matter who wins ,with so much intrest and so much money on the table you can guarantee this will become a trilogy.

I'd like to see Green win because he's a Perth boy and he use to train around the corner from my house with my brother. If he wins this fight then he'll have the choice to hold the second fight in perth at subiaco oval in front of 40,000+ mad green machine fans........and that would be sweet :cheers:

[​IMG]

16. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

GO GREEN!!!

17. ak47

ak47 Guest

mundines a f***ing CAT, and he isnt a great sportsman

he was mediocre in the NRL

he has done nothing but fight chump after chump in boxing, thus his boxing credentials are all due to taking the CAT way in fighting washed up has beens, then finally meet a proven in sven otke and gets jawed to the canvas...not too mention the cuban that fixed him too

he is quick - thats it

he has a glass jaw and if green finds it, the mundine camp will meet mr canvas

green is on the outter with boxing - past his prime, after being DQ wrongfully in germany, since then hasnt been the same

for the amount of credit dished out to mundine in this thread this is a disgusting waste of time

the only thing worth giving him credit for is for what he has done for the aboriginal community...........but really anyone can do that, and they should......Dean Widders, Peachey etc all do it............just coz Andre Walker paints a bad name on the aborigines doesnt make Mundine look like God or Ali in anyones mind

if ur from a minority and crack the big time - its stock standard to share the fruits and wealth with ur origins, and hopefully evolve the community to doing the same thing.....Mundine old man for example...he is the real hero.......didnt need a mouth

The GREEN MACHINE all the way baby!!!!

18. Wally

Wally Guest

Do you reckon they'd hold it at Subiaco? That stadium is **** enough for football, it would be a disaster holding a boxing event there. I would have thought they'd opt for Burswood.

How are they even planning to have the boxing at Aussie? I assume the ring will be in a corner or to the side with temporary seating around.

19. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

It's great for footy,not so good for rugby

But yeah i agree it would be **** veiwing wise but thats where Danny was trying to get this fight held. He has his heart set on fighting at Subi and they'd definately sell it out in no time.

I reckon the ring will be set up in the centre of the field with all temp seating around the ring........ so it could possibly hold over 40,000.........i aint sure though.

20. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

FOXSPORTS

21. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

LINK

Timing couldn't have been worse.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!