any good advice on topis I can study via self study

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by bates, Oct 29, 2008.

1. bates

bates Guest

Ez all,

As I spend a lot of time on the road for my job ( trains, cabs, planes) I was thinking of searching for some interesting topics I could teach myself when I'm on the road again :D
    Most of the peeps on the board, have finished their education are are still studiyng so please enlight me :D

For the moment I'm studying the following:

Korean art history ( saw an exhibition 2 weeks ago, absolutely stunning) :p
    Logic Pro 8 Manual
    European Law and Legislation

Hopefully next year Russian for a semester.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

How about dentistry haha.. a trade that both sucks, and bites.

4. bates

bates Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Oct 29 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I know this is the off topic department, but I 'm really serious about expanding my knowledge.

At the beginning of the month I did a course of Photoshop and Indesign.

5. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

I don't know if you can study Open University courses from abroad but they have a good list of subjects which you can study in your own time with:

http://www.open.ac.uk/

If they offer A-Levels, I recommend Government & Politics with a focus on the European Union.

6. nam97

nam97 Guest

How about calculus 101? It's a chicks magnet.... "Hi, I'd love to take the Laplace transform of your Fourier series and connect with your impulse response baby, know what I mean?"

Sorry, I'm sad.

7. bates

bates Guest

No worries man,

I still have to finish 2 books about the korean art/ history ( I even study it in French and English) they should really start publishing all those book sin Dutch :D

Also bought an awesome book about Oceanic art ( Micronesia, polynesia, Macronesia)

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 29 2008, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I am so using that line on Friday night. :D

Once I learn how to pronounce half the words... :unsure:

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!