• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Any Hockey Fans Out There?

I never played organized hockey. Just a fan. I wrestled and played football. I might be the only guy from Minnesota who can't skate backwards. Played quite a bit of pond hockey. Nothing like a puck to the shin with no pads on.

That being said, I can watch a game and see that one team dominates another or hits harder but as far as strategy and coaching, I am not an expert.

I think that hockey in the midwest might be a little less "showboat" but I can't say. At the college level, the WCHA (western) teams dominated last year.

So is anyone playing the game? I have a million questions like what upgrades to buy first, what is the best draft strategy, does your GM personality really matter, does it make a big difference which type of practice you run, etc...

Originally posted by USArugger@Dec 29 2005, 03:35 AM
So is anyone playing the game? I have a million questions like what upgrades to buy first, what is the best draft strategy, does your GM personality really matter, does it make a big difference which type of practice you run, etc...
I usually go for a team first startegy when playing dyansty. I substituted Anaheim for Vastra Frolunda of the Eliteserien and am playign with them.

I tend to upgrade my coaching abilities and team abilities till the max then I concentrate on other things. I alos like to have a good scouting team so I can draft high quality players and because of my good coaching staff I can have them reach their potential so much quicker. Also at the start of the game I like playing the free agent market and grabbing some high quality players then trading them away for more future stars.

I like how everyone is already writing off team Canada this year because they have a whole new lineup. Everyone already thinks its going to be a Russian or US victory but I don't thinkw e shoudl write off Canada just yet. One player who has impressed me so much is Luc Bourdon I played hockey against him on numerous occasions in Peewee and Bantam AAA and he is a f***ing wicked hockey player NHL calibre all the way

Oh yah and I hear for next season they are going to include the ELITE hockey league from Great Britain in the series so their is for Euro leagues althought he ELite League is quite a bit lower then some of the other leagues i want added like Siww, Czech and Russian Superleagues.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Dec 28 2005, 12:45 PM
I like how everyone is already writing off team Canada this year because they have a whole new lineup. Everyone already thinks its going to be a Russian or US victory but I don't thinkw e shoudl write off Canada just yet. One player who has impressed me so much is Luc Bourdon I played hockey against him on numerous occasions in Peewee and Bantam AAA and he is a f***ing wicked hockey player NHL calibre all the way
Being a huge Canuck fan, I've been really impressed with Bourdon too. He actually almost made the Canucks out of training camp this year, but was one of the last cuts. He will almost certainly make the Canucks next year, unless he pulls a typical Canucks draft pick: look really promising, then start sucking once everyone gets excited (Brandon Reid, Josh Holden, Jason King, Lee Goren etc.)

Anyways, the Canada-USA game on New Years eve is going to be sweet, I'm hope that the American forwards play the way that they did against Norway, so that Bourdon, Cam Barker, and Marc Staal can f*** them up.

That Norway game was f***ing ridiculous teh Russian Ref never put his f***ing whistle away. It is the longest hockey game in international hockey history 2 hours and 45 mintues. I hope the Canadian fans kill the guy or something so I never have to watch his fruitloop ass referee another international ice hockey match.

Latest posts