• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Any one going to watch the Opening ceremony?

D

dway-nos

Its on at midnight in nz and our team wont walk out till 4am and i dont find it all that exciting to be honest so i wont be.
what about you guys?

It all depends on whether the smog is so thick that we can't see it at all.

:)

Even though it's at 7:30pm in Perth it will be terribly boring me thinks, I'll see what else is on.

Manly play the Storm tonight grand final rematch and the Dragons and Sharks I think I'll have to pass on the ceremony as well.

Maybe. Are the USA still planning on walking out with masks? If they are I'm definitely watching because I have a suspicion that if they do it'll be like Cartman's party on South Park when he get's Ant's in Your Pants for his birthday and he flips the party off switch; the screen will just go black. And I also have a suspicion that if individuals walk out with masks on, they'll just randomly disappear during the ceremony.

I normally can't be bothered with stuff like this but it is most impressive, I have to say.

GF watching it right now....f***ing boring I tell you. Plus China has made it some kind of: China Historic Show. The Olympics are not ABOUT China, they are just IN China. :wall:

Awesome is a bit of an understatement, really is top drawer. Bet the organisers of 2012 are watching on thinking OH ********!!!

It's China down to a tea though. All smiles on the outside, shear turmoil on the inside.

At least London will offer a good human rights record. <_<

GF watching it right now....f***ing boring I tell you. Plus China has made it some kind of: China Historic Show. The Olympics are not ABOUT China, they are just IN China. :wall:
[/b]

I feel ya dog, makes me sick to the stomach considering how many people were made homeless just so the communist ***** can produce an image of China that is 100% fake. :vomit:

I love the olympics but having them in China just kills the spirit. :angry:

Damn... that Ukrainean team sure had some lookers B)

It's China down to a tea though. All smiles on the outside, shear turmoil on the inside.

At least London will offer a good human rights record. <_<
[/b]

well that's if they keep the games, they'll certainly be hoping to avoid a repeat of the fiasco in 2005.

I was watching the opening and it was flippin incredible. I was just thinking how the hell are we going to top that in 2012?!

Wait till you see what South Africa do for the FIFA world cup in 2010!

:ninj:

That was like nothing of this world. Simply an amazing opening ceremony. How can it be topped? Good luck London...

That was like nothing of this world. Simply an amazing opening ceremony. How can it be topped? Good luck London... [/b]

Sorry but I thought it was crap. First of all, the opening ceremony is NOT supposed to be a promotional show about China.

<div class='quotemain'> That was like nothing of this world. Simply an amazing opening ceremony. How can it be topped? Good luck London... [/b]

Sorry but I thought it was crap. First of all, the opening ceremony is NOT supposed to be a promotional show about China.
[/b][/quote]

Well, yes it was. All tournaments opening shows big themselves up.

[/b]

i know stupid idiots, canada, toronto should of won the bid. Chinas pollution is well above the "saftey guideline" for the athletics and they still won bid :(.

I did like the drumming and the fireworks though.

I thought the human keyboard was pretty impressive and it was a novel way to light the flame as well.

Latest posts