• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Any one have a good way to teach how to scrum to 15 players

why would you want to do that?? hard enough teaching one or two from scratch..

There are only eight players needed for a scrum so I don't no why you would want to teach 15.

Or are you trying to teach them how to "ruck"?

sorry i ment teaching them how with people to practice against, my highschool team only has 15 players

Cody

sorry i ment teaching them how with people to practice against, my highschool team only has 15 players

Cody
[/b]

well normal scrums are set up like this:

1__2___3
__4_5
6_____7
___8

If you have 15 people, pick your 8 forwards. Normally people use scrum machines. If you don't have one, get scrum practice against another age group. It's dangerous to do it with people who don't know how.

Front Row: get 2 to stick his arms in the air. 1 and 3 should put their in-facing arms around 2 and grip. 2 then lowers his arms and binds on to 1 with his left, and 3 with his right.

Second Row: 4 puts his right arm round 5. He bends down on one knee and grabs the inside leg of 1 from behind so it looks like he's holding his balls. 5 puts his left arm round 4, bends down on one knee and does the ball-grabbing bind on 3 with his right arm.

Back Row. 6 puts his arm tightly round 4. He goes down on one knee and puts his head against 1's thigh. 7 binds onto 5 and puts his head next to 3's thigh. 8 grips 4 & 5's thighs and sticks his head between their bums.

On the engage call, try to get them all to push forward simultaneously.

Should look something like this:
_44181384_eng_sa_scrum416.jpg

Second Row: 4 puts his right arm round 5. He bends down on one knee and grabs the inside leg of 1 from behind so it looks like he's holding his balls. 5 puts his left arm round 4, bends down on one knee and does the ball-grabbing bind on 3 with his right arm.[/b]
hahaha no other words will ever explain it better :lol:

<div class='quotemain'>Second Row: 4 puts his right arm round 5. He bends down on one knee and grabs the inside leg of 1 from behind so it looks like he's holding his balls. 5 puts his left arm round 4, bends down on one knee and does the ball-grabbing bind on 3 with his right arm.[/b]
hahaha no other words will ever explain it better :lol: [/b][/quote]

This technique nowadays is often scrapped for the other technique of the locks binding each other amd around the porps hips so they can have better stability. Defensively sometimes when they want more power they will put their arms through the legs of the hooker.

is it me or does that picture of that scrum look like it has collapsed??

it doesnt quite look right for some reason...

is it me or does that picture of that scrum look like it has collapsed??

it doesnt quite look right for some reason...
[/b]

probably yeah, but it was either that or a pic of some women's nude calendar... and they didn't have the numbers... those gashdem are also kind of butters, another reason for not putting them up before...

Scrum.jpg

whoa.. for some reason i thought you said 'play scrum' as in scrum-half.. disregard earlier post..

Latest posts