• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Any truth to the rumour that Gasnier may be heading to the ***ans?

H

Hinch

I was told by an Aussie friend that Gold Coast are to be signing Gasnier back to League from Union. However, I can't find anything to confirm it. Anyone on here heard anything?

The ***ans lacked the finishing spark and had trouble getting points on the table at times. The addition of Tomane and possibly Gasnier I think will more than up their ***le challenge this year. Plus I'd just like to see Gasnier back.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hinch @ Oct 19 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was told by an Aussie friend that Gold Coast are to be signing Gasnier back to League from Union. However, I can't find anything to confirm it. Anyone on here heard anything?

The ***ans lacked the finishing spark and had trouble getting points on the table at times. The addition of Tomane and possibly Gasnier I think will more than up their ***le challenge this year. Plus I'd just like to see Gasnier back.[/b]
He's probably making good money there at Stade Francais, plus he's playing really well right now. To answer your question, though...No, I've not heard anything. Keep us posted if you do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Oct 19 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hinch @ Oct 19 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The ***ans lacked the finishing spark and had trouble getting points on the table at times. The addition of Tomane and possibly Gasnier I think will more than up their ***le challenge this year. Plus I'd just like to see Gasnier back.[/b]
He's probably making good money there at Stade Francais, plus he's playing really well right now. To answer your question, though...No, I've not heard anything. Keep us posted if you do.
[/b][/quote]

I asked the guy and he stated it was mostly rumblings from Gasnier. After this season with Stade he'll jump straight to the ***ans. Might just be the rumour mill or Gasnier thinking out loud.

He also stated Lote to the Tigers is 95%. That'd be interesting. I'll update if I hear something else.

I heard a couple of the S14 Franchises were interested in the player but aren't aware of any firm offers.

just the usual 'off contract' noise created by the individual to get best price on the next i reckon

IMO he will follow the biggest offer

***ans appear to have a bottomless pit of cash, they make offers to everyone

Latest posts