• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anyone else get annoyed with the bread jokes?

L

LydiatesGirl

during the Wales v Samoa game all i heard was bread jokes every time Sam Warburton touched the ball - annoying or what?

I've never heard anyone mention bread with relation to him before, but now thanks to you i'll always make the connection :p

I've never heard one before. I don't even understand how somebody could find one funny,

"Hey, that's Sam Warburton. Warburton - as in the bread! You get it?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA I GET IT!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 19 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've never heard one before. I don't even understand how somebody could find one funny,

"Hey, that's Sam Warburton. Warburton - as in the bread! You get it?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA I GET IT!"[/b]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA ME TOO!

HAHAHAHA 'CAUSE I DIDN'T GET IT AT FIRST BUT WHEN HE EXPLAINED IT I DID AND IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE OF THE BREAD AND HIS NAME AND THE THING OF THEM BEING SIMILAR AND WHATNOT!!!

personally I really thought he earned his crust against Samoa... caught the ball in the bread basket perfectly many a time...

:p sorry couldn't resist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Nov 20 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
personally I really thought he earned his crust against Samoa... caught the ball in the bread basket perfectly many a time...

:p sorry couldn't resist[/b]

Yeah, that was a weird joke the commentators were making. I think Davies - pun unintended - said it got passed straight to his bread basket and was proud of that...for some reason the pundits thought it funny to make the same joke.
But when has commentating or punditry ever been funny?
I can't say i ever turn on the rugby so i can have a laugh - so i just dont really pay attention to their jokes.

Then again, Brian Moore does have a future infront of an open mic...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 21 2009, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But when has commentating or punditry ever been funny?[/b]
"Riese ... aaaaaaaalllllllrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh. Release the Dragon!"
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EW2d-QrnFgA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EW2d-QrnFgA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 21 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Nov 20 2009, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 21 2009, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But when has commentating or punditry ever been funny?[/b]
"Riese ... aaaaaaaalllllllrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh. Release the Dragon!"

[/b][/quote]

:lol:
[/b][/quote]
I just listened to that again.

Is it "release the kraken"?

A duck walks into a bar and asks: “Got any Bread?â€

Barman says: “No.â€

Duck says: “Got any bread?â€

Barman says: “No.â€

Barman says: “No, we have no bread.â€

Barman says: “No, we haven’t got any bread!â€

Barman says: “No, are you deaf?! We haven’t got any bread, and if you ask me again and I’ll nail your dang beak to the bar you irritating dang duck!â€

Duck says: “Got any nails?â€

Baman says: “Noâ€

Duck says: “Got any bread?

haha very funny -although the Riise one is :L

Logorrhea - Warburton is a make of bread so they think its funny to constantly mention that

Thingimubob - haha they said that one in school to wind me up

mind you I nearly called Sam 'Bread' the other day when i saw him

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Nov 23 2009, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Nov 23 2009, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:p The type of jokes my dad does...

My favourite commentary is from a Catalan Dragons vs Harlequins RL match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRniqQokcxU

No idea what he;s saying bit at the end when they score the try, the commentator is brilliant :lol:[/b]

Same comentator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mF2l1L5tEM...feature=related
[/b][/quote]
Better that than Salviac jokes about Labit
Labit prend le trou et va marquer
Labit gicle et perce la defense
Lapandry will probably inspire the commentators too
Lapandry se fait la malle
Superbe valise de Lapandry....

Latest posts