Anyone else getting bored by the Tri-Nations?

Discussion in 'Tri Nations 2009-2011' started by Jethro, Aug 12, 2009.

?

Tri-Nations Format

1. Hell yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No it's boring

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. What's this Tri-Nations you're talking about

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jethro

Jethro Guest

Reckon playing each other 6,549 times a season is wearing slightly thin. Would like to see a return to home and away with Los Pumas included if achievable.

Have to admit I couldn't be bothered watching the fourth Kiwi v Aussie test last year as was well and truly over it.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

This is the area where the Six Nations trumps its SH counterpart. If the Pumas were to join, it would do the competition a ton of good in terms of entertainment. And, as said a trillion times before, it would benefit the Argentinian team.

4. steynboi

steynboi Guest

sounds like the kiwi wants to cry because his team is getting beat by the springboks and most probably the wallabies in the coming weeks. how could you say there boring the matches are v. exciting to watch.

5. Woldog

Woldog Guest

I get bored by kicking.

6. bristol-iain

bristol-iain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Aug 12 2009, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'm glad you said that because that was my initial reation. Easy to say it's rubbish when you are getting beat. I'll wager a few quid/dollars/whatever that if/when the Kiwis do well, the Tri Nations would be great again.

7. Jethro

Jethro Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Aug 12 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'm glad you said that because that was my initial reation. Easy to say it's rubbish when you are getting beat. I'll wager a few quid/dollars/whatever that if/when the Kiwis do well, the Tri Nations would be great again.
    [/b][/quote]

Actually no. As far as my interest in T3 is, if we keep the Bledisloe then I don't care who wins the T3. Notably the Saffas have played all their home games so I wouldn't be getting overly excited just yet there ;) As the poster above states, yeap got to love a kicking game.

Quite frankly I would be happy to return to full tours with T3 played every four years or so rather than yearly. It used to be the match of the year when the Aussies and Kiwis fronted each other at the Olympic stadium, now it's simply another test match.

T3 is devaluing Oz, Saffa, Kiwi test regardless of who is winning the thing. For mine I wouldn't be discounting the Aussies taking the 2009 title.

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

1. Yes, The Tri-Nations is boring
    2. Funny how people don't like a kicking game yet were in favour of the ELVs...

9. QLD

QLD Guest

I think down here rugby union is losing its entertainment value. The bledisloe is meant to be showcase for Aus-NZ rugby, though last years games were pretty exciting overall people just aren't as excited as they used to be.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 12 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I thought it wasn't possible because the European clubs wouldn't let their Pumas go play in an expanded 4N.

10. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Im' sure they'd find a way round it if the structures are put in place. The pumas are a very tight knit team and by all accounts they'd do anything to play for their country. Also I'm pretty sure a 4N would mean that at least one Argentine Super rugby franchise would come into being so that would do alot to solve that issue

11. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum Guest

kicking is boring.

there should be a rule that you can't immediately return a kick if you recieve a kick, unless you run 10 metres or you are tackled or it's a mark. hopefully this will stop the gay aerial ping pong that's being played at the moment

12. admartian

admartian Guest

I don't reckon the rugby itself is boring - rather the format. I think a Tri- Nations cup, where maybe they add the Pumas a Pacific Team (where in which that team has to qualify to participate through their own local tournament) and possibly the Japanese - every 2 years or so.

I think that would be good for rugby as a game, in the long run. Sure, it may be lopsided at first, but as they go on, the quality of rugby should improve over time for the "minnows".

13. Jethro

Jethro Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Aug 12 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Nail head dude :bravo:

Over exposure, we play each other four times each year for christ's sack, is lowering expectation and general excitement about tests between the countries.

Great concept now over it's used by date as the public turns off.

14. Woldog

Woldog Guest

We need to play different teams every year, like the 10 Nations in EA Rugby 2006, where the 10 main Rugby nations play each other in a round robin kind of tourny, not possible but would make for interesting viewing.

15. KZNSharksFan

KZNSharksFan Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Aug 12 2009, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    This isn't rugby bloody league, you can't just change the rules when you dont like the way teams are playing. It wont always be like this. SA can only play like they do because they have huge forward dominance at the moment. When they lose that, they will have to resort to the backs more. Anyway i reckon it's great that a team like SA can win by kicking and playing a structured game and a team like Australia can also win by playing more expansively.

16. QLD

QLD Guest

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/codebre...9350638687.html

[​IMG]

Codebreaker prepares for action and a more intense approach

August 7, 2009

Champion rugby feats weren't enough to keep this Dragon in the game, writes Andrew Stevenson.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Shame union lost this talent.

17. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Aug 12 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    This isn't rugby bloody league, you can't just change the rules when you dont like the way teams are playing. It wont always be like this. SA can only play like they do because they have huge forward dominance at the moment. When they lose that, they will have to resort to the backs more. Anyway i reckon it's great that a team like SA can win by kicking and playing a structured game and a team like Australia can also win by playing more expansively.
    [/b][/quote]

i didn't mention south africa, australia or rugby league in my post, and if you think "you can't just change the rules" well think again, they were changed not that long ago. there is way too much up and under kicking going on in today's game. if rugby could go back to what it was in the 1990's and early 2000's then it's a good thing regarldless of which teams were winning or losing. from what i remember there was a lot more quick ball at the rucks, a lot more running rugby and a lot more tries were scored. that's what's average joe in front of the TV at home or watching the game wants to see, not two teams taking it in turns to kick the ball as high as they can while trying to put the opposition off catching the ball cleanly.

18. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

So you're aware, it's called professionalism. It's changed the game quite a bit since. Tighter and better organised defences especially.

And changing the laws isn't the answer. It's only when idiots like O'Neil start haring on about "things being unfair" (oddly enough, whenever Australia are knocked out of a World Cup) that law changes come in and bugger the game up - hence the ELVs and aerial ping pong we've been seeing for the past 18 months.

19. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

Topics like this annoy me...

20. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Aug 12 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Huh? Has Australia shown more promise so far then any other team? I don't remember us losing to Australia a couple of weeks ago.

21. DonBilly

DonBilly Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Aug 12 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Stop reading them...

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!