• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ANZAC DAY TEST - New Zealand vs Australia

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
the ref etc was very dodgey to both teams in fact but some of the bigger game altering calls went against the kiwis. still would have lost but the scoreline would have been a lot lesss. the kiwis were average tonight as a unit bar a few players like asotasi who had a great game.

Watched it live (through Imparja station, the only way to watch it live in WA), and I thought the Kiwi's played way below what they should have. Stopped watching after the 55th minute mark, because I knew the Aussies would win by then.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@May 5 2006, 12:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

KARMICHAEL HUNT.....YOU GOT OWNED!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA..GET DA f*** OUT OF HERE YOU LITTLE 19 YEAR OLD GIRL..he was scraed the entire match since his 1st hit up..ohwell,guess you have to learn the hard way
Not at all - have you forgotten him charging out of the in goal area?

None of you KIWIZ can or will argue with the result, the best team won at a canter this morning. It was a close, exciting game for a while but I thought that the all blacks were tired at the end of it all, very tired indeed. The Aussies played some good stuff, but did the damage at the play of the ball where the Kiwis were a bit lax and Buderus was lethal.

Johns' kicking was brilliant. Why on Earth was Benji Marshall on that field with 1 shoulder? SBW looks like he's on his way back, that O'Meley is a big girl and Ashley Klein is a waste of space.

How is O'Meley a big girl?

He was awesome,never stopped running at the Kiwis all night.

Great win Aussies :cheers: big reality check for the Kiwis.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 5 2006, 03:33 PM
How is O'Meley a big girl?

Throwing the ball at the Kiwi winger because he dared to shoulder charge him.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@May 6 2006, 02:13 AM

Why on Earth was Benji Marshall on that field with 1 shoulder?

because he was deemed fit to play. he obviously looked rusty with some of his passes but he looked twice more impressive than thomas leulali ever did on attack. defence marshall didn't really hide too much. his first tackle he went charging in with the shoulder and made a second tackle soon after.

I think the better team won in the end, but the flood gates were opened by one of the most disgusting refing displays ive ever seen on a rugby field (yes, the pass off the ground) The only thing the kiwis done well was smash the opposition with huge hits, but it wasnt enough in the end. They never looked like breaking the aussid defence. It was a tad embarrasing really.

Very one sided game, but to be fair to the kiwi's though, that Roos side had a **** load of talent in it... Probably than most other Roos teams of the past couple decades.

Originally posted by sanzar@May 6 2006, 10:34 AM
Very one sided game, but to be fair to the kiwi's though, that Roos side had a **** load of talent in it... Probably than most other Roos teams of the past couple decades.
Sh*t yeah, when you've got Thurston on the bench and Tahu (one of the top 3 centres in the game) on the wing...

Oh, and that's the best joke I've heard in ages, international league. There should be a law that to have an international competition there has to be more than 3 teams that could win it...

Yeap i thought that game was a big fat waste of time i watched till half time and thought bugger this we are not going to win if Andrew Johns does come and play for NZ as a guest player they should train on him use him as a tackle bag or something just to take there frastrastion out on a aussie

Originally posted by dobrien7+May 6 2006, 10:23 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@May 6 2006, 10:34 AM
Sh*t yeah, when you've got Thurston on the bench and Tahu (one of the top 3 centres in the game) on the wing...

Oh, and that's the best joke I've heard in ages, international league. There should be a law that to have an international competition there has to be more than 3 teams that could win it... [/b]
Jeez, you guys are awfully bitter... It's not Australia's fault if New Zealand can only concentrate on one code of football. :bleh!:

we are pretty good at rugby...whos got bledisloe?..

yeh shut up..

aussies deserved that,but i liked the looks of the kiwis,come tri series time we shud be better,leuluai was awesome on defence and kicking game was way better..

omelee went no where but backwards...hahaha..the man for the kiwis was clinton toopi..he is a very different player playing for the kiwis and his defence was superb

heres my view..ofcourse we need better kickers and about 2-3 quality playmakers...more outside backs wud be helpful too..we got fricken awesome midfielders climbing the ranks(sia soliola,steven matai and sa from the roosters,sonny bill can play there aswell)..so we pretty much have our forwards and centres intact

we need more quality depth in the halves and in the back 3 and we will be gud

ohwell we lost...atleast we didnt lose

24 - 0

hahahah..karmichael was scared out of his pants!!!..target..aimed...locked..fired..and off to the showers he went

awesome stuff

Originally posted by sanzar+May 6 2006, 11:43 AM-->
Originally posted by dobrien7@May 6 2006, 10:23 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@May 6 2006, 10:34 AM

Oh, and that's the best joke I've heard in ages, international league. There should be a law that to have an international competition there has to be more than 3 teams that could win it...
Jeez, you guys are awfully bitter... It's not Australia's fault if New Zealand can only concentrate on one code of football. :bleh!: [/b]
True, just pointing out the sad state of international league, the the only real teams are Oz, NZ and UK. It's a shame as it's a great game...

Yeah 24 nil, that was a dark day for aussie league, fluke or not. But last night i was expecting the kiwis to lose, just not so badly. I think they hav a good squad, they just need to stop making dumb mistakes (toopi) and giving aussies good attacking chances.

Is there no longer a league world cup?
If not, then does the tri nations decide who world champs are?

no..world champs are in 2008...rugby internationally is very f***ed up...it will be yet again a kiwi v aussie clash,we shud by then have blooded some new halves(hopefully) j smith of the eels is looking gud

Latest posts