• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Apparently Steve Diamond phoned up the Squidge Rugby guy and possibly threatened him because he made a joke in his latest video

tenor.gif

Anyone interested in buying a bridge? I can do you a great deal

Well that's the first Squidge rugby video I've ever seen. I'd say that's still one more than Steve Diamond, because I highly doubt this happened.

Healey probably still hasn't let go the pummeling he got from BO'D that he denies but everyone else present confirms.

I've seen a few derisory comments about Squidge's videos on here before, but I didn't realise quite how disliked he is. Can I ask why?

His videos aren't for me, they instantly make me feel like an old ******* for not being able to process what's being said at the rate that it's being said, but I've got nothing against the guy. I suppose he's got some strong opinions so could be polarising, but those that I heard seemed well intended and were broadly in line with my values, which I thought were broadly in line with the mood of this forum.

I've seen a few derisory comments about Squidge's videos on here before, but I didn't realise quite how disliked he is. Can I ask why?

His videos aren't for me, they instantly make me feel like an old ******* for not being able to process what's being said at the rate that it's being said, but I've got nothing against the guy. I suppose he's got some strong opinions so could be polarising, but those that I heard seemed well intended and were broadly in line with my values, which I thought were broadly in line with the mood of this forum.
I think he's developed a bit of a reputation for making things unnecessarily personal. In one of his first videos he claimed that the Ospreys coach was depressed, more recently he shat all over a young Italian 9's performance before rinsing him for having acne, and there was an incident where he essentially tried to 'no actually' Courtney Lawes, an English black man, about racism in England.

His content isn't for me; personally I think his analysis is pretty shallow and very geared towards whatever narrative he's trying to push. But that's fine, it just means I don't watch his videos. However, having a track record for unnecessarily bringing the personal lives of players/coaches/staff into his videos just isn't really play on.

I think he's developed a bit of a reputation for making things unnecessarily personal. In one of his first videos he claimed that the Ospreys coach was depressed, more recently he shat all over a young Italian 9's performance before rinsing him for having acne, and there was an incident where he essentially tried to 'no actually' Courtney Lawes, an English black man, about racism in England.

His content isn't for me; personally I think his analysis is pretty shallow and very geared towards whatever narrative he's trying to push. But that's fine, it just means I don't watch his videos. However, having a track record for unnecessarily bringing the personal lives of players/coaches/staff into his videos just isn't really play on.
I honestly don't know how he made it past that. It was such a reckless thing to do I just can't believe it. I honestly believe he thinks he can be a dick to people he has the moral high ground of no one knowing anything about him. Being an "ally" doesn't give you free reign to be a dick, it just makes you right on one particular issue.

I stopped watching once he had "analysis" of France passing further to their left than to their right. Like yeah, most players are right handed, that's why most restart kicks go to the right. He pointed out the most obvious thing and acted like it was a great observation.

Yeah I don't have a nuanced take on this. I don't know what he looks like but I want to break his glasses and fart in his lunchbox then close it quickly so the smell doesn't escape until he opens it again.

I just think he's incredibly sanctimonious about some issues whilst also clearly having a rather large ego and being a **** on others. Just strikes me as a raging hypocrite.

Squidge isn't bad he just likes to complicate a rather simple game. He was a big advocate of "Eddie Jones has a great plan just wait until he unleashes it at the world cup" while England's pack gets manhandled by the Boks

In all seriousness he strikes me as someone who presents pretty basic analysis as something more intricate than it is. I don't think anything he has is particularly insightful to anyone who has ever played a bit of rugby. I think he probably appeals to people who are very new to the game, but he's absolutely only as big as he is because there's very few people on YouTube doing video analysis in the style of a lot of American Football analysts etc. I also find that the Venn diagram of Squidge viewers and terrible rugby take havers is pretty much a circle.

That said, if he gets more people into the sport and people enjoy the content, more power. We clown, but he's not hurting anyone and he's done a good job filling a niche.

Squidge isn't bad he just likes to complicate a rather simple game. He was a big advocate of "Eddie Jones has a great plan just wait until he unleashes it at the world cup" while England's pack gets manhandled by the Boks
He'd gone off my radar until that tbh. It was bizarre, he also tried to imply that EJ getting sacked proved him right somehow.

Don't think he's a bad person, I just don't think he carries himself very well as a semi-prominent commentator in the sport. His hipster hot takes are annoying too, his recent team of the year included a Chilean at 10 over Sexton and Ntamack... It's a bad sign when the following quote can genuinely be used to prove you've made a bad point!

He also used his team of the year to brand anyone who disagreed with him having both men and women in the same team sexist, do what you want pal but its not sexist to think that analysing and comparing two sets of players who don't compete against each other devalues said analysis.

He also used his team of the year to brand anyone who disagreed with him having both men and women in the same team sexist, do what you want pal but its not sexist to think that analysing and comparing two sets of players who don't compete against each other devalues said analysis.
That's interesting I think he is both right and wrong on that front. On one hand I think its a nice idea to promote the women's game and doesn't really harm a team of the year which is always an arbitrary list where more fringe positions are always about personal preference or trying to provoke conversation. Also how often do SH and NH players get mixed into the same list who barely play against each other?

However the second you include women you will and know you will a hugely overwhelming amount of ***** saying you've gone woke or some other such bullshit. See women commentators.

On the other hand and the point your getting at some complaints are valid a deserve giving the time of day and explaining your thought process. Talk about the sea of crap you get pointing out gives the more decent queries and questions.

Still the guy like to court controversy so I don't think he even did it on decent reasons.

Latest posts