• The new Gordon Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who's RC????

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
R

RC

To whomever it may concern,

I have recently learnt that I was - ahem - lucky enough to "win" the award for Biggest Fall from Quality Posting Grace in the 2009 TRFies.
I demand this "award" be taken away and here is my argument.

Both members and staff, of which i revere equally on this board, were made aware of my ongoings and goings-on throughout 2009.
I returned from America in 2008 and made myself as active as I could on this board. I was unlucky enough to lose my flat and therefore any regular access onto the internet (this was proven by my lack of an appearance on TRF, facebook, and on the xbox live.)
I made my return to America having alerted all of TRF of my departure.
Whenever i was able to, I came onto TRF and I made my views known, contributed posts of a positive nature and it was only Prestwick who saw a surly side to me (what more could you ask of me? Nobody really likes him!)
I feel i was given this - ahem - "award" because some people resented me leaving and going onto bigger and more glorious things in the land of the free and gun totting.
Well, I did come back. I'm back mucking it with all you commoners now.

I remind you that the "award" was for Biggest Fall from Quality Posting Grace.
The quality of my posting has always remained consistent...consistently high.
If in fact this award has been chosen due to my lack of presence or quantity of posts, then i refer you to the other nominees who have not been seen posting consistently for many a month, and show no signs of coming back.

I ask for this blemish in my otherwise remarkable history at TRF to wiped away.
If indeed the "award" has to be given to someone, then it should go to the member(s) who voted for me to "win" this "award" as their judgement was severely impaired by the fact that they can't tell the difference between a member who can't post with any quality and an absent member.

This is all i ask for you in these difficult times (yes, it was I that was made redundant on Christmas eve) and for this to happen would help my confidence, allow me the get-up-and-go to find a job, earn some money and spend it on an economy that needs as much people spending as much as possible right now.
Taking away this blemish from me will help the economy, people.

HELP THE ECONOMY!

Thank you.

Bah!
I'm looking at the other 2 shareholders of the site and the good people of TRF, anyway!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Jan 3 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
To whomever it may concern,

I have recently learnt that I was - ahem - lucky enough to "win" the award for Biggest Fall from Quality Posting Grace in the 2009 TRFies.
I demand this "award" be taken away and here is my argument.

Both members and staff, of which i revere equally on this board, were made aware of my ongoings and goings-on throughout 2009.
I returned from America in 2008 and made myself as active as I could on this board. I was unlucky enough to lose my flat and therefore any regular access onto the internet (this was proven by my lack of an appearance on TRF, facebook, and on the xbox live.)
I made my return to America having alerted all of TRF of my departure.
Whenever i was able to, I came onto TRF and I made my views known, contributed posts of a positive nature and it was only Prestwick who saw a surly side to me (what more could you ask of me? Nobody really likes him!)
I feel i was given this - ahem - "award" because some people resented me leaving and going onto bigger and more glorious things in the land of the free and gun totting.
Well, I did come back. I'm back mucking it with all you commoners now.

I remind you that the "award" was for Biggest Fall from Quality Posting Grace.
The quality of my posting has always remained consistent...consistently high.
If in fact this award has been chosen due to my lack of presence or quantity of posts, then i refer you to the other nominees who have not been seen posting consistently for many a month, and show no signs of coming back.

I ask for this blemish in my otherwise remarkable history at TRF to wiped away.
If indeed the "award" has to be given to someone, then it should go to the member(s) who voted for me to "win" this "award" as their judgement was severely impaired by the fact that they can't tell the difference between a member who can't post with any quality and an absent member.

This is all i ask for you in these difficult times (yes, it was I that was made redundant on Christmas eve) and for this to happen would help my confidence, allow me the get-up-and-go to find a job, earn some money and spend it on an economy that needs as much people spending as much as possible right now.
Taking away this blemish from me will help the economy, people.

HELP THE ECONOMY!

Thank you.[/b]

If we let that happen then you're activity shall decrease and then people would give you the award back.

And you refer'd to quantity =/= quality, but there was a decrease in the quantity of quality posts which contributed to the award being given.

Thirdly, you support the Ospreys.

So you're stuck with the award.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ens/8438616.stm

<div align='center'>Moderator rejects Matt Weirs attack on poll results</span>

22141_222996145910_513505910_373189.jpg

<span style="color:#808080">Weir (left) launched a withering attack on polling standards
</div>

The Rugby Forums elite directors have rejected Matt Weirs criticism of TRFies results as "unfounded".

The renigade member implied that TRF Members had been influenced during his half-year exile to the United States.

TRF called Weirs attack "highly inappropriate" and could charge him with bringing the game into disrepute.

Weir is also likely to face disrepute charges for revealing the outcome of a private review of officiating.

"We have one of the most advanced TRFie poll programmes in world rugby and a number of our referees are on international panels at all levels," said a TRF spokesman.

"If there are concerns to be expressed then we have existing, and tried and tested, channels for doing so.

"Respect is one of rugby's core values which underpin our sport and that must include respect for the officials at all times.

"We cannot go down the route where senior figures in the game do not demonstrate that respect. It is part of all of our professional responsibilities, including those of directors of rugby, to be positive role models for our clubs, players and supporters."

Weir was leading Prestwick 6-3 at the interval in last years TRFies, but the league leader was overhauled with several second-half penalties for the visitors.

The result - a second successive TRFies defeat for RC - prompted Weir to accuse The Rules of being a "different" referee after the break.

The former Welsh based plastic yank also claimed that rugby was "dying" because of poor quality polling.

TRF will also consider whether the Silly arse has a case to answer after he revealed he received an apology from TRFiess chief An Tarbh for Sir Speedys' handling of last years 23-19 loss to Teh Mite.

Tarbh, head of elite polling development, reiterated his faith in his officials and criticised Weirs disclosure of their discussions in the wake of the Exiles' victory on 27 December.

"We have a robust review process with every referee and every club which we undertake after every game," he said.

"However, we absolutely do not expect those conversations to be reported out of context in the public domain."

My word, this is the 3rd time this conversation has split into another thread!

What monster has Phil Stephens created...

Plastic yank or not, i'm being discriminated against!!!
Don't let this turn into a topic about discrimination, we've already got one of those on the go.

Do the right thing!

Who is "RC"?

Surely you should be known within the community to have a "fall from grace". I agree with withdrawing the award, but only because I believe I am far more deserving of such an award. Even if I dont have anywhere high to fall from I'd like to give it a try.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jan 4 2010, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who is "RC"?

Surely you should be known within the community to have a "fall from grace". I agree with withdrawing the award, but only because I believe I am far more deserving of such an award. Even if I dont have anywhere high to fall from I'd like to give it a try.[/b]
Aye, it takes a mighty effot to break through rock bottom. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jan 4 2010, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who is "RC"?[/b]

Who's RC?!
WHO'S RC?!

I'll have you know that i was 2006's best newcomer and 2007's best general poster and best northern hemisphere poster!

That's who RC is!!!

In other words, Rugby Cymru.

I've had a bit of a think on this matter and have reached a conclusion. It would be an insult to the very nature of democracy to allow this "award" to be taken off RC. The public made up their minds and who are we to go against that? Why, then we'd be no better than North Korea. So suck it RC.

The final say is STOP WHINING!!!

At least you got an award, some of us got jack ****!

Latest posts