TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_56295256_androidlock.jpg

Apple has been granted a patent on unlocking a smartphone or tablet using a touchscreen gesture.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15461732

Absolutely crazy. Who the hell is handing out these ridiculous patents? They're all just so vague, with nothing new, unique or ground-breaking. I hope that this isn't upheld, because moving your finger upwards or sideways isn't something Apple invented.

They're also suing a small German cafe for having an Apple in their logo.
I swear the people in charge of Apple are all arseholes, and Steve Jobs was the biggest one.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

No doubt all the Apple fanboys that read this news will be,

"That is right, wtf gives these money-grubbing companies the right to copy Apple's stuff?!?"

I think Nokia should patent the idea of an object which fits in the palm of your hand and can be held to your face to make telecommunications.

That'll show 'em.

Yup, it's not just Apple that does this sort of thing, I've seen planty of other totally vague patents being granted over the years. Either the people at the patents office are completely out of date with current tech, or they're just seriously stupid, I'm goin with both! The entire patent system needs a complete overhaul, because it should be just unique, complex ideas that should be granted patents, not a random idea someone's had. The length patents last is another thing that needs changing, as many last for far, far too long.

I remember some time ago, Sony was sued due to their implementation of the rumble feature in their dual shock controllers. a company called Immersion held a similarily vague patent regarding force-feedback. Completely stupid, but not quite as stupid as this patent by Apple, because at least immersion invented something, Apple have invented bugger all here! Didn't Apple also patent the shape of the iPhone (i.e. a rectangle with a screen filling on face)?

Latest posts