• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Are most female rugby players steroids clean?

big_rugbyfan1990

Academy Player
I haven't seen such physiques of women in any sport except bodybuilding/powerlifting. I think it's impossible to get such muscle mass for women without the help of anabolic steroids.

Most as in more than 50%? Yeah, probably.
Which doesn't mean that there isn't a huge doping issue in our support, both genders and at all levels.

I haven't seen such physiques of women in any sport except bodybuilding/powerlifting. I think it's impossible to get such muscle mass for women without the help of anabolic steroids.

Care to post any examples?

Most of the physiques in female rugby make me think exactly the opposite.

Yeh honestly can't remember seeing anyone who I thought must be using TBH.
Some are built sure but then again most women who do manual labour are generally built, can't think of any who are Haskell type ripped.

Care to post any examples?

Most of the physiques in female rugby make me think exactly the opposite.

Kelly Brazier, Ellia Green, Sharni Williams, maggie alphonsi, katherine merchant, heather fisher
Some examples above. Not saying they are doping but their physiques are extraordinary for women

Some of them maybe.

But some of those figures are not hard to obtain for a women really.
What do you expect a women to look like if she works out 6 times a week 10/11 months a year?

Aside from Maggie, I wouldn't say any of those physiques are particularly "extraordinary". They don't necessarily have to be even if they are doping though, but that was the basis of your question.

The average serious female crossiftter has a more "extraordinary" physique than those women you mentioned.

A clue for you:

283597844f6e69eea161ad404d543844.jpg

Those bumps you see on their chests are not pecs

The boys high school teams would run circles around them. Let them take steroids, I'd hate to see how boring they'd be without PEDs.

The boys high school teams would run circles around them. Let them take steroids, I'd hate to see how boring they'd be without PEDs.

Sorry I disagree, but not top female athletes that have excellent physique. Ellia Green is the fastest female rugby player. I doubt the boys can outperform her. Maggie Alphonsi has big muscles and can break their shoulders.

Different sport, obviously, but the Australian women's football team lost 7 - 0 to a team of 15yr old lads,

I remember some guy ranked like 200th in the world beating the Williams' Sisters back to back, as well.

I'd say the women's game is probably a lot cleaner than the men's game. But that's mostly due to there being less incentive to dope.

And yeah women's national teams just get out-athleted by high school teams.

Our soccer team lost 9-1 to a u19 team even though they had 90% possession.

Extraordinary thread this - given steroid use and doping in the guy's game (Rugby Union) isn't mentioned on this forum to any great degree. Could be that Maggie and crew will be out to break some heads over this.

It has been mentioned on this forum a few times.

I guess its just the abhorrence doping and steroids are held in within athletics and cycling for instance. I would have thought if it was wide spread in Rugby, male or female there would have been some high profile cases by now. Maybe I'm just missing it, I don't know.

I guess its just the abhorrence doping and steroids are held in within athletics and cycling for instance. I would have thought if it was wide spread in Rugby, male or female there would have been some high profile cases by now. Maybe I'm just missing it, I don't know.

There's a big difference in testing methods and frequency between athletics, cycling and rugby with rugby probably coming off worst compared to them.

I don't think it's as widespread as the NFL for instance but there's definitely a certain amount there and that will probably increase if pay packets keep increasing. Even though I don't personally especially hold it against players who do dope, probably out of some naivete I'd like to believe it isn't the majority even if there is a significant minority.

There's a big difference in testing methods and frequency between athletics, cycling and rugby with rugby probably coming off worst compared to them.

I don't think it's as widespread as the NFL for instance but there's definitely a certain amount there and that will probably increase if pay packets keep increasing. Even though I don't personally especially hold it against players who do dope, probably out of some naivete I'd like to believe it isn't the majority even if there is a significant minority.

I hear ya! Like you say about pay packets. They say money is the root of all evil.

I'm fairly ambivalent about PED use generally.

I've never thought about it really. But I suppose when words like 'cheat' and 'level playing fields' are being bandied about the argument looks different. It'll never affect me - I'll never get into Team Sky Cycling, or British Athletics and will never play rugby 'cause I'm way too old.

Latest posts