• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Are the Eels the cinderilla story of 2009?

J

Jethro

Watched the final quarter last night where they comprehensively outplayed the Bulldogs. :bravo: It was actually pretty good football with the Eels spinning it out into the backs and the Doggies going one out and paying the price. Looked to be a heck of a large crowd there, wasn't aware there were that many bogans in Sydney :lol:

My Wife who hates league with a passion was even clapping some of the plays, she's up for cheering on the Bears next year, assuming they get a franchise and change decades of tradition by actually making the finals :p

The chick across the road is a huge Eels fan, and kept the neighbourhood entertained with a lot of noise, onya B)

I hardly watch league these days I can't even name 2 or 3 people from most teams even our own Warriors but my older brother watches it so I thought I would too and it was a awesome game from the Eels I didn't know they were so good I remember when they use to suck in the winfield cup.

Who's fuifui moemoe or whatever his name is gees he's a big unit and was making some massive metres and setting it up for the rest of the team. I think it's gonna be a Storm and Eels final don't know who's gonna win it thou I'll just go for the team with the most kiwis in it.

I'm not up on the NRL, though jeez those finals crowds have been huge. Am vaguely interested as there's a push on for a Central Coast team, which will give me someone to cheer for in 2011 as I have zero interest in the S15 ********. Failing the Bears being part of he 2011 comp, go the Warriors!

Awesome season by the Eels I am hoping they go all the way to top it off........but Storm to much class at 7,6 and 9 whereas the eels have 3 relative unknowns in those positions Storm by 16+.

Well that was a game with about ten minutes of real interest before the Storm decided to finish things off with a drop goal. The Storm were up 10-0 at the break and looked set to canter it, the Eels came back with a try and it was game on. Unfort the Eels simply couldn't score the equalising try when they had a chance, how many passes did they drop? - and the Storm went down the other end to seal it with three or so minutes remaining. Storm 23 - 16 Eels, crowd over 82,000 ..... commentary total crap, were they smoking drugs at channel nine on the night?

Latest posts