• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Are there any changes from the 2007 to the 2008 rugby rules

Rules? What are these things you call rules?
[/b]

you know, those things that are made to be broken. Like the one fundamental rule in Rugby:
"If the ref doesn't see it, it's legal"
:cheers:

<div class='quotemain'>
Rules? What are these things you call rules?
[/b]

you know, those things that are made to be broken. Like the one fundamental rule in Rugby:
"If the ref doesn't see it, it's legal"
:cheers:
[/b][/quote]

That's the first rule of every sport, but are there any changes from the 2007 to 2008 rugby laws?

Cody

The new ELV's is quite exciting , but they can remove some and keap the old one's

The new ELV's is quite exciting , but they can remove some and keap the old one's
[/b]

I hate the idea myself... Don't see a problem with the game as it is really.

The maul law is just plain dangerous (esp at a grass roots level)

I don't understnad how something can go from beign a yellow card offence, to beign legal...

will the laws be implemented at the grass roots level so rapidly?

i mean it is such a big change to the game

i like the new breakdown rules and the pass back rule but that's about it. the super 14 has been great this year because of these rules and the ARC used these ELV's last year and it sped up the game dramatically.

Still cant see the reason for some of these rules and as many people have said, some are outright dangerous. As much as I love fast, flowing rugby, this is taking out the whole way of playing with a strong pack. It may be good down south where it is dry, but this is almost forcing teams to throw it around in the muddy december conditions.

Corner Flag rule is my personal Favorite. Maul rule is crap, one of the most dramatic moments in rugby is hearing a crowd of 80,000 people all yell "Heave" it is awesome, must feel amazing as a player.

Scrum offside rule is a good, except it gives kickers a **** load of time in their own 22 (unless you have a speed demon at flanker) to clear, boring. And the Lineout rule is a little strange, putting in whoever we want.

I like not being able to pass back into the 22. Speeds things up and leads to more attacking rugby.

I've always thought that being able to pass back into the 22 to kick away was the dodgiest part of rugby. Same goes with rugby league and passing back inside the 40m line to attempt a 40-20. So glad that they changed the laws to prevent it. Definitely my favourite of the ELVs.

Latest posts