Are we mad?

CookhamRugby

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Wasps
Hi

We are a new "team" set up from among colleagues at work where we are raising funds for a colleague who was paralysed from teh chest down. We are playing a team of vets from a local team in Kent (UK) to raise funds.

Most of the team haven't played rugby since school (for most 20+ years ago), some have never played at all!

While we are training hard and regularly, does anything really prepare you for that first tackle?

Details: Wednesday 4th Sept 2013 @ Gravesend Rugby Club, Kent KO 1900...

Thought it was a general question, and was going to reply 'probably' ;)

I hope you've got in touch with the local press beforehand, as it sounds like a story the papers will pick up on, and you may be able to get some coaching assistance from any aviva clubs in the area etc.

You have a fair few months beforehand, so it's worth getting in touch with as many media outlets as you can. This kind of 'event' is always looked for, and there are so many ex-pro's who, I'm sure, will be eager to help out.

I wish you all the best with it, and keep us updated please.

PS. May want to change the ***le of the thread to get more input into something that sounds like a fantastic event.

Agreed, get on to the local Beeb network, not sure which would cover your area but if their anything like Points West here they'll look to at least mention it if not send someone down. Otherwise contact newspapers and the like.

While we are training hard and regularly, does anything really prepare you for that first tackle?

Beer. :)

Joking aside, it sounds like a great event! And as far as that first tackle, just do it old boys style. Or, young boys style:

das

Last edited by a moderator:
Get in contact with Brian Moore, seriously. He posts as BCM666 on both Planet Rugby and rugbyrefs.com his twitter name is @bcm666 )

Brian has had a fair bit to do with the tragic case of Daniel James who was paralysed from the neck down as a result of a collapsed scrum in 2007

Latest posts