• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Are you pleased with what you have seen so far?

Are you pleased with the videos you have seen so far?

• Yes this game looks amazing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes this looks ok

• Not sure

• No this does not look to good,

• No this looks truly awful

• No way, Rugby 2004 all over again!

• Total voters
S

sean43

Actually say if you have been impressed or not, not if you are looking forward to playing it.

I am going to wait for WCR 2, has huge potential.

I've enjoyed all the footage so far, enough to look forward to any new stuff that gets posted. I see the annoyances people have, but I strongly believe that it's a case of wait until you've played it.

I think the tackle animations look sound. I think the passing looks great. The try Tana sets up against Cardiff (drawing the fullback) look deserved and fairly solid.

We were all burned by R*gby 2**4, and 2005 may very well be shiny ****, but I have been impressed with what I've seen.

"Doom, Doom, Doom" ...

I hear War, Famine, Pestilence and Death were thinking of becoming a fivesome sean43, you considered applying?

We will all see in a couple of weeks if people are pleased or not and I will personally say having played it-what I think aswell

But I got a feeling you guys are going to be so disappointed

Okay . . .

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in another thread you stated something like, "I just don't want everyone to come back here and complain about the game cause it sucks when I told them it already sucks," -- something like that, right?

Why are you so worried about that? It's a forum. We'll come up with some really creative stuff to say if Rugby 2005 sucks -- don't worry. It'll be funny. We're not going to take it personal, we're not going to kill ourselves cause EA/HB f***ed up yet another rugby game. Roll on Swordfish, sure, fine. It's a rugby video game, that's it. It won't be the be-all end-all of our lives (though, sure, we write stuff that sounds like it will
<
).

I am not worried at all, just saying what will be happening. Then seeing all the topics stating 'Ea has let us down' For the first few weeks people will be kind to it. Then further down the road, a lot will be slating it very badly.

Cool about not being worried (I was going to fear for your social life if that were the case
<
)

Now, I take it, you voted 'Truly awful' in your poll? Truly awful? Please explain to me how the footage looks truly awful? I could understand the choice above it, 'no, it's not looking good,' but truly awful?

I would say Rugby 2004 is truly awful, this game resembles Rugby 2004 very much......

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 23 2005, 09:22 AM
Cool about not being worried (I was going to fear for your social life if that were the case
<
)

Now, I take it, you voted 'Truly awful' in your poll? Truly awful? Please explain to me how the footage looks truly awful? I could understand the choice above it, 'no, it's not looking good,' but truly awful?
remem capt. sean43 had 5 minutes of watchin' the game be played by some dude at a store

... "Doom, Doom, Doom"

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 23 2005, 09:27 AM
... "Doom, Doom, Doom"
That makes me think...

Comparing the look and the anumation etc of R2005 to R2004 is like comparing Doom to Doom 3!
<

hey sean43

can i amend the poll for myself, kinkon and locks

to read:

"are u pleased with what u've PLAYED thus far"

to answer that question and the poll above in flying colours a big fatass YES SIR, YES SIR.

seriously to anyone getting worried about sean43 - he has a right to his opinion, but i doubt that opinion will be shared by many in a few weeks

put it this way

I REGRET GOING TO THE TRAINING CAMP NOW - I DIDNT GET MY DEMO.
ALL TRAINING CAMP HAS DONE, HAS PUT ME INTO AN INSOMNIAC ARREST, AS I CANNOT SLEEP WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT RUGBY2005....THIS WAIT, AFTER HAVING A WEE TASTE OF RUGBY HEAVEN, IS A NIGHTMARE, AND ITS NOT MUCH FUN WAITING FOR GREATNESS WHEN U'VE TASTED IT BEFORE......TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY AFTER HIS/HER 1ST BITE, IS CRUELTY TO THE MAX.....THIS IS WHAT EA HAVE DONE TO ME, AND OTHERS AT THE TRAINING CAMP THAT DO NOT HAVE A DEMO TO KEEP BITING ON.
'RUGBY 2005' IS THE GAME THEY PLAY IN HEAVEN......'RUGBY' IS JUST A SPORT!!

**EDITED**
this is just my opinion, so i am NOT trying to con u all, its just how i think about the game, which i am sure will differ from others but atleast it an opinion of hands on experience, unlike the spectators!

i agree with ak47 this game is yes yes yes the game is amzingly amzing!

id be hardly doing world league cos im going to be having a massive interactive wolrd cup human players vs human players!

everyone ova my house!
<

I think I see Sean43's point so I will put his mind at ease about the nagging similarity between 2004 and 2005....

They are both rugby.

<
<
<

I voted 'it looks okay' b/c I haven't PLAYED it yet.....but I wanted to click the top one....By god I did!!

Sean43 and Jimmy44 (did you follow each other into the forum?).......what happens if this game turns out to be a total success where even you two will be flabergasted? Aren't you two going to be a little bit embaressed about all your comments that have been put down on the internet?

Remember.....it is your reputations at stake here as well as Locks and Co. People on forums always remember.

Looks good, but still pleenty of improvement can be made.

So "Yes this looks ok" for me.

Yeah, I'm happy with the clips posted so far, just imagine, we'd be lost without them. There are a few glitches but wait and see. One always finds a way to work around them... Two weeks to go! More clips please... More!

Cheers

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 22 2005, 10:09 PM
We will all see in a couple of weeks if people are pleased or not and I will personally say having played it-what I think aswell

But I got a feeling you guys are going to be so disappointed
Aren't you a little ray of sunhine........do your other hobbies include breaking kids toys and taking their sweets by any chance?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 23 2005, 04:25 PM
Sean43 and Jimmy44 (did you follow each other into the forum?).......what happens if this game turns out to be a total success where even you two will be flabergasted?  Aren't you two going to be a little bit embaressed about all your comments that have been put down on the internet?

Remember.....it is your reputations at stake here as well as Locks and Co.  People on forums always remember.
Believe me mate I'm not small minded enough to worry about my reputation on a forum (no offence to you its just the way I feel
<
)

A forum is supposed to be an open discussion, somewhere to share your views. Now where does it say in the registration page that all comments MUST be positive. I didn't see it anywhere? I have every right to be the devil's advocate here and express my concerns. and why should I get hounded for doing so? This forum is full of people who just want to hear what they want to hear. As soon as they hear something they disagree with, the witch hunt is on!!

Now... I really hope I am wrong about the comments I have made, I really do. I want to come onto this forum in a few weeks time, hold my hands up and say I was wrong. I'm just basing them on what I have seen so far from A SINGLE PLAYER PERSPECTIVE. I have no doubt this game is going to be fantastic on multiplayer. But this isn't for me.

And no I didn't come onto this forum with Sean43!!
<

Latest posts