• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Are you pleased with what you have seen so far?

Are you pleased with the videos you have seen so far?

• Yes this game looks amazing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes this looks ok

• Not sure

• No this does not look to good,

• No this looks truly awful

• No way, Rugby 2004 all over again!

• Total voters
Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 23 2005, 09:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Feb 23 2005, 09:37 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Feb 23 2005, 04:25 PM
Sean43 and Jimmy44 (did you follow each other into the forum?).......what happens if this game turns out to be a total success where even you two will be flabergasted?  Aren't you two going to be a little bit embaressed about all your comments that have been put down on the internet?

Remember.....it is your reputations at stake here as well as Locks and Co.  People on forums always remember.
Believe me mate I'm not small minded enough to worry about my reputation on a forum (no offence to you its just the way I feel
<
)

A forum is supposed to be an open discussion, somewhere to share your views. Now where does it say in the registration page that all comments MUST be positive. I didn't see it anywhere? I have every right to be the devil's advocate here and express my concerns. and why should I get hounded for doing so? This forum is full of people who just want to hear what they want to hear. As soon as they hear something they disagree with, the witch hunt is on!!

Now... I really hope I am wrong about the comments I have made, I really do. I want to come onto this forum in a few weeks time, hold my hands up and say I was wrong. I'm just basing them on what I have seen so far from A SINGLE PLAYER PERSPECTIVE. I have no doubt this game is going to be fantastic on multiplayer. But this isn't for me.

And no I didn't come onto this forum with Sean43!!
<
[/b]
Hang on! hang on! Too many contradictions to keep up...slow down here!

<<Believe me mate I'm not small minded enough to worry about my reputation on a forum (no offence to you its just the way I feel
<
)
>>

No wonder no one gives credence to anything you say then - you profess zero accountability.

<<I have every right to be the devil's advocate here and express my concerns.>>

So which are you doing? I think this is a clear freudian slip isn't it silly young man!? Are they in fact not really your concerns but instead an all pervasive attitude of taking the opposite line for the sake of it? I think the latter.

<<This forum is full of people who just want to hear what they want to hear. As soon as they hear something they disagree with, the witch hunt is on!!
>>

No, no. We want to hear authentic opinions...NOT people being positive with no substance OR negative with no substance. The two are equally useless to people interested in the game.

<<I want to come onto this forum in a few weeks time, hold my hands up and say I was wrong>>

I think, if you are wrong, you will come back here (if you do at all) and say - "I was playing devil's advocate." You have already telegraphed this maneouvre...(though you can't do it now.)

<<I'm just basing them on what I have seen so far from A SINGLE PLAYER PERSPECTIVE.>>

No, no, I think it is what you have latched on to in your effort to play devil's advocate.

<<the witch hunt is on!!>>

Oh the irony!! lol!! There is only two people on a witch hunt here - relentlessly pursuing the criticism of something you have not experienced because something about it doesn't sit well with you and you woke up on the wrong side of the bed....

f***! That's a witch hunt dude!

PS - I will mostly be playing single player and have the same concerns. But there is a different sort of bitterness at play here....did the programmer sleep with your dog or something?

In saying that the poll does support you....

Oh hang on! Sorry, it sticks its boot firmly up your rectum!

lol!

Oh! The people have spoken.

its looks ok still room for improvement in the gameplay, graphics but its looks and seems to play pretty darn good. I too will proabbly be limited to single player games but the bugs in 05 seem to be minor compared to 04 from the videos I have seen. There is no witch hunt going on locksley and others that have played the game have mentioned bad points and good points and it appears but what they have said and the videos that the good out weigh the bad.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Feb 23 2005, 09:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Feb 23 2005, 09:51 PM)</div>
Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 23 2005, 09:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
Sean43 and Jimmy44 (did you follow each other into the forum?).......what happens if this game turns out to be a total success where even you two will be flabergasted?  Aren't you two going to be a little bit embaressed about all your comments that have been put down on the internet?

Remember.....it is your reputations at stake here as well as Locks and Co.  People on forums always remember.

Believe me mate I'm not small minded enough to worry about my reputation on a forum (no offence to you its just the way I feel
<
)

A forum is supposed to be an open discussion, somewhere to share your views. Now where does it say in the registration page that all comments MUST be positive. I didn't see it anywhere? I have every right to be the devil's advocate here and express my concerns. and why should I get hounded for doing so? This forum is full of people who just want to hear what they want to hear. As soon as they hear something they disagree with, the witch hunt is on!!

Now... I really hope I am wrong about the comments I have made, I really do. I want to come onto this forum in a few weeks time, hold my hands up and say I was wrong. I'm just basing them on what I have seen so far from A SINGLE PLAYER PERSPECTIVE. I have no doubt this game is going to be fantastic on multiplayer. But this isn't for me.

<

<<Believe me mate I'm not small minded enough to worry about my reputation on a forum (no offence to you its just the way I feel
<
)
>>

No wonder no one gives credence to anything you say then - you profess zero accountability.

So which are you doing? I think this is a clear freudian slip isn't it silly young man!? Are they in fact not really your concerns but instead an all pervasive attitude of taking the opposite line for the sake of it? I think the latter.

<<This forum is full of people who just want to hear what they want to hear. As soon as they hear something they disagree with, the witch hunt is on!!
>>

No, no. We want to hear authentic opinions...NOT people being positive with no substance OR negative with no substance. The two are equally useless to people interested in the game.

<<I want to come onto this forum in a few weeks time, hold my hands up and say I was wrong>>

I think, if you are wrong, you will come back here (if you do at all) and say - "I was playing devil's advocate." You have already telegraphed this maneouvre...(though you can't do it now.)

<<I'm just basing them on what I have seen so far from A SINGLE PLAYER PERSPECTIVE.>>

No, no, I think it is what you have latched on to in your effort to play devil's advocate.

Oh the irony!! lol!! There is only two people on a witch hunt here - relentlessly pursuing the criticism of something you have not experienced because something about it doesn't sit well with you and you woke up on the wrong side of the bed....

PS - I will mostly be playing single player and have the same concerns. But there is a different sort of bitterness at play here....did the programmer sleep with your dog or something? [/b]
I'm not playing devils advocate for the sake of it - I expressed my views based on what I have seen and heard, and by the tone of your reply, you are just the kind or person I was talking about - i.e you want to hear only what YOU want to hear. God forbid if we have a different opinion!!
<

And I don't see where I have made any contradictions. I assume you don't know the meaning of the word so I will let that go.

I will say that having got more feed back from Locksley and having seen the second half of the PI v Ba Ba's game that some of my points don't stand, and to be honest I'm glad. As I've said I hope I'm wrong!

So please don't have a go at me for my views, I think we're all entitled to an opinion, Sean 43 included!
<

My two cents :

To me the game look OK and it has me waiting and counting the days.
Off course the final verdict will come after 10 / 15 hours of solid gameplay solo and 2 or more players.

It's obvious that the game looks way above R**** 2004 in terms of look, animation, speed and flow.

I'll be able to say more about it in 2 weeks exactly ( i called my favourite gamestore in Bordeaux, they said they 'll be selling the game on march 9 th.)

Now if some don't like the way the game looks and prefer to have a bad feeling, i just hope for them ( and anybody buying the game) that they will be pleasantly surprised.

I hope I am pleasantly suprised and can play this game for hours on end, it is just I really thought EA would get it spot on this year. But to me they have not made as much progress as I would have liked. I will really see when I play it, but my overall opinion will remain the same, this game is poor.

With their massive budget you would hope that this game would be amazing (might be when playing) but I still cannot see it

Awaiting any more insults from people who seem to rubbish my opinion

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 24 2005, 08:54 AM
I will really see when I play it, but my overall opinion will remain the same, this game is poor.
dude, I've never rubbished your opinion, just want to know where you're coming from.

As it stands from your last statement -- you've already made up your mind about the game, why bother even playing it?

Sure, I keep saying I'm looking forward to it, and I do think it is a marked improvement over the last installment -- but I'm reserving final judgement til I've had a go.

It might only look good and everything else is crap.
It might be great.
Who knows exactly until you play it?

Until I play it my overall opinion will remain the same, I cannot see it improving but you never know

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 24 2005, 09:09 AM
Until I play it my overall opinion will remain the same, I cannot see it improving but you never know
Ah! Well, when you phrase it like that it makes sense. The other way, the one I quoted before made yourself sound as if no matter how the game felt after you played it, you'd still think it's poor.

This way, you're still giving yourself a chance to maybe be impressed by it. You might not be, but you haven't shut the door completely -- and that's cool.

The budget I would say is still small in comparsion to Fifa or madden but would have gone up as they have managed to get the fifa graphics engine to run the game and they did motion capture this time. Still the budget proabbly isn't enough to get it to madden or fifa proportions yet but at least it seems to be heading in the right direction and is looking good so far

I can't see what all the excitement about this game is. All the videos i see I tend to see a lot more bad than good.

But...i've preordered it and it will be the best rugby game about. How long will it keep PES off my screen? I'd say a week would be a good result.

I really enjoyed WCR, it was like Jonah Lomu Rugby with better graphics.

I really can't understand why any fan of rugby wouldn't like that game.

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 23 2005, 09:48 AM
hey sean43

can i amend the poll for myself, kinkon and locks

to read:

"are u pleased with what u've PLAYED thus far"

to answer that question and the poll above in flying colours a big fatass YES SIR, YES SIR.

seriously to anyone getting worried about sean43 - he has a right to his opinion, but i doubt that opinion will be shared by many in a few weeks

put it this way

I REGRET GOING TO THE TRAINING CAMP NOW - I DIDNT GET MY DEMO.
ALL TRAINING CAMP HAS DONE, HAS PUT ME INTO AN INSOMNIAC ARREST, AS I CANNOT SLEEP WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT RUGBY2005....THIS WAIT, AFTER HAVING A WEE TASTE OF RUGBY HEAVEN, IS A NIGHTMARE, AND ITS NOT MUCH FUN WAITING FOR GREATNESS WHEN U'VE TASTED IT BEFORE......TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY AFTER HIS/HER 1ST BITE, IS CRUELTY TO THE MAX.....THIS IS WHAT EA HAVE DONE TO ME, AND OTHERS AT THE TRAINING CAMP THAT DO NOT HAVE A DEMO TO KEEP BITING ON.
'RUGBY 2005' IS THE GAME THEY PLAY IN HEAVEN......'RUGBY' IS JUST A SPORT!!

**EDITED**
this is just my opinion, so i am NOT trying to con u all, its just how i think about the game, which i am sure will differ from others but atleast it an opinion of hands on experience, unlike the spectators!
I thought the nightmare was going away. Its just getting worse. I think everyone from the Training camp should meet up after a month for a challenge.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 24 2005, 10:41 AM

I enjoyed WCR too.... for about a week!

No WAY was it anywhere near as good as JLR!! Absolutely no way!!!! Rugby 2005 beats it hands down! Easily! And I actually enjoy WCR in short, 20 minute bursts!

Dudes, it's a very fun game and I applaud Swordfish for laying an enjoyable and very solid base.

It's just a shame that the States didn't get it, so any Americans with the PC's that can do the business, get this game ordered and get it down ya. It's brilliant. And order Jonah Lomu Rugby as well.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 24 2005, 10:41 AM

Yeah your right! WCR is a brilliant game... that is if you've never once seen or heard of the real sport of rugby. Because if you have, this game bares about as much resenblance to rugby league as it does to rugby union...

Originally posted by jonwebb+Feb 24 2005, 12:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jonwebb @ Feb 24 2005, 12:09 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Feb 23 2005, 09:48 AM
hey sean43

can i amend the poll for myself, kinkon and locks

to read:

"are u pleased with what u've PLAYED thus far"

to answer that question and the poll above in flying colours a big fatass YES SIR, YES SIR.

seriously to anyone getting worried about sean43 - he has a right to his opinion, but i doubt that opinion will be shared by many in a few weeks

put it this way

I REGRET GOING TO THE TRAINING CAMP NOW - I DIDNT GET MY DEMO.
ALL TRAINING CAMP HAS DONE, HAS PUT ME INTO AN INSOMNIAC ARREST, AS I CANNOT SLEEP WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT RUGBY2005....THIS WAIT, AFTER HAVING A WEE TASTE OF RUGBY HEAVEN, IS A NIGHTMARE, AND ITS NOT MUCH FUN WAITING FOR GREATNESS WHEN U'VE TASTED IT BEFORE......TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY AFTER HIS/HER 1ST BITE, IS CRUELTY TO THE MAX.....THIS IS WHAT EA HAVE DONE TO ME, AND OTHERS AT THE TRAINING CAMP THAT DO NOT HAVE A DEMO TO KEEP BITING ON.
'RUGBY 2005' IS THE GAME THEY PLAY IN HEAVEN......'RUGBY' IS JUST A SPORT!!

**EDITED**
this is just my opinion, so i am NOT trying to con u all, its just how i think about the game, which i am sure will differ from others but atleast it an opinion of hands on experience, unlike the spectators!
I thought the nightmare was going away. Its just getting worse. I think everyone from the Training camp should meet up after a month for a challenge. [/b]
yeah would be good man

but i need my fix now - i am like Ray Charles on crack re-hab

i wake up sweating, jittering and screaming "Go Lote u good thing....overrrrrrrr"!!!!

then i realise my losses - i am in bed, at home, without Rugby2005!!!!

faaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk!!!!!
<

Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 24 2005, 12:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Feb 24 2005, 12:28 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 23 2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 23 2005, 09:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy

<
)

<

<
)
>>

>>

PS - I will mostly be playing single player and have the same concerns. But there is a different sort of bitterness at play here....did the programmer sleep with your dog or something?
I'm not playing devils advocate for the sake of it - I expressed my views based on what I have seen and heard, and by the tone of your reply, you are just the kind or person I was talking about - i.e you want to hear only what YOU want to hear. God forbid if we have a different opinion!!
<

And I don't see where I have made any contradictions. I assume you don't know the meaning of the word so I will let that go.

I will say that having got more feed back from Locksley and having seen the second half of the PI v Ba Ba's game that some of my points don't stand, and to be honest I'm glad. As I've said I hope I'm wrong!

So please don't have a go at me for my views, I think we're all entitled to an opinion, Sean 43 included!
<
[/b]
Oh geez - he's not too bright....and attacking my knowledge of english....not too smart either.

Your comment early on was a total contradiction, or paradox....why must you box yourself into a corner like this?

Oh well, let me reiterate...

<<I have every right to be the devil's advocate here and express my concerns>>

This is a contradiction. You can't express your own honest views and play devil's advocate (taking the opposite side to everything) simultaneously without compromise.

If you don't get this, don't dispute it...because you are making me embarrassed
for you. Honestly dude.

<<and by the tone of your reply, you are just the kind or person I was talking about - i.e you want to hear only what YOU want to hear. God forbid if we have a different opinion!!
<
>>

Absolutely not...don't try and pull the switcheroo on the argument to cover yourself - there's nowhere to hide in here....
I want to hear from people who are expressing their HONEST opinions or who have PLAYED the game ( a modicum of astuteness is also highly regarded ) - You are niether! You are playing devil's advocate and therefore being negative not because of honest opinion or anything else but because you are taken this stance in objection to the perceived free ride you think the game is getting critically...
Thus it is not your actual opinion at all.

Frankly your argument, apart from making no sense at all in the world of logic (one you may not inhabit), is just plain weak.

If you are going to continue espousing all manner of paradox and hypocrisy in your writing, instead of giving the opinion you personally hold (as you claim to be doing) then I speak for everyone when i tell you to f*** off...and I speak for myself when I warn you not to pick fights that are mentally beyond you.

<<God forbid if we have a different opinion>>

If only you actually had one.

<<As I've said I hope I'm wrong! >>

Rest assured, if it actually is your view (but it is NOT, it is the negative view of devil's advocate), you most certainly are.

<<i.e you want to hear only what YOU want to hear.>>

Yep. The truth. Not the mindless broken records that are you and Sean...lacking insight, factual evidence and a single ounce of neutrality in judging this game.

Be gone.

Latest posts