• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Are you pleased with what you have seen so far?

Are you pleased with the videos you have seen so far?

• Yes this game looks amazing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes this looks ok

• Not sure

• No this does not look to good,

• No this looks truly awful

• No way, Rugby 2004 all over again!

• Total voters
Oh....

I noticed you haven't mentioned the poll yet.......as the others have said - wonder who those two votes belong to!!!!?

How utterly predictable (both in your attitude and the way in which the poll is consigning your biase to oblivion)

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 24 2005, 03:11 PM
If you are going to continue espousing all manner of paradox and hypocrisy in your writing, instead of giving the opinion you personally hold (as you claim to be doing) then I speak for everyone when i tell you to f*** off...and I speak for myself when I warn you not to pick fights that are mentally beyond you.
Look at you speaking for everyone --
<

Don't need to say it but I will: You know you don't speak for me.

I admire the effort, but I've got my own words and thoughts, thanks.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 24 2005, 07:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 24 2005, 07:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Feb 24 2005, 03:11 PM
If you are going to continue espousing all manner of paradox and hypocrisy in your writing, instead of giving the opinion you personally hold (as you claim to be doing) then I speak for everyone when i tell you to f*** off...and I speak for myself when I warn you not to pick fights that are mentally beyond you.
Look at you speaking for everyone --
<

Don't need to say it but I will: You know you don't speak for me.

I admire the effort, but I've got my own words and thoughts, thanks. [/b]
OK...

Sorry Caps
<

"I speak for many on the site who are after reliable praise or criticism on the game"....

Is that better?

Shivers...
<

How about making those feelings known -

he's still posting here w/out so much as ONE admission that the poll and thus the people have spoken!

Vox populis vox dei - the voice of the people is the voice of good.

OOohhhhhhh - dramatic!

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 24 2005, 07:08 PM
OOohhhhhhh - dramatic!
<
<
<
<

Nice one!

Yeah, he might have started out harsh, and yeah, I admit, I thought it was unfounded but maybe he just sees it bad as we see it good, and that's his honest opinion.

I had a few posts with him, and he said that yeah, he's going to wait until playing it before he finally decides and that 'you never know.' So we'll see.

If anything, seeing everyone get riled up from his comments is pretty funny, and if that's what he set out to do he did a great job!
<
<

All I can say, I like what I've seen from the game and I can't wait to try it out. I remember R*gby 2**4, so I'm still uncertain, but Rugby 2005 appears to be LOADS BETTER. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaah!

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 24 2005, 07:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 24 2005, 07:15 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Feb 24 2005, 07:08 PM

OOohhhhhhh - dramatic!
<
<
<
<

Nice one!

Yeah, he might have started out harsh, and yeah, I admit, I thought it was unfounded but maybe he just sees it bad as we see it good, and that's his honest opinion.

I had a few posts with him, and he said that yeah, he's going to wait until playing it before he finally decides and that 'you never know.' So we'll see.

If anything, seeing everyone get riled up from his comments is pretty funny, and if that's what he set out to do he did a great job!
<
<

All I can say, I like what I've seen from the game and I can't wait to try it out. I remember R*gby 2**4, so I'm still uncertain, but Rugby 2005 appears to be LOADS BETTER. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaah! [/b]
MMMMmmmmmmmm....see what you're saying Caps - I agree and disagree.

See...I think he was unfair and unbalanced and was taking a ribbing for it. He underestimated the calibre of writing on the forum and the accuracy of preview info on the game being filtered through to us. He also loves arguing (I am not immune to this - lol!)..

THUS - after getting a few ass-kickings - he devised that it would be easier to be an argumentative disruptor if he pulled back a tad and pretended to be reserving his judgement while still essentially playing devil's advocate and continuing with his smear campaign.

Just a thought...

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 24 2005, 07:21 PM
See...I think he was unfair and unbalanced and was taking a ribbing for it. He underestimated the calibre of writing on the forum and the accuracy of preview info on the game being filtered through to us. He also loves arguing (I am not immune to this - lol!)..

THUS - after getting a few ass-kickings - he devised that it would be easier to be an argumentative disruptor if he pulled back a tad and pretended to be reserving his judgement while still essentially playing devil's advocate and continuing with his smear campaign.

Just a thought...
Fair point.

He has scaled back from his initial posts -- but yeah, it was completely odd that he took a stringent point of view without even playing the game -- you just don't do that, even if you get it right, you just don't do it till you've had a go yourself.

I mean, I'm sure when I was growing up, someone must have said, "Sex is bad, don't do it," but I definitely wasn't going to listen to them till I tried it myself.
<

Oops, didn't mean to go off topic . . . where was I?

Anyway, overall, the same can definitely be said for anyone saying the game is brilliant, amazing, etc, without playing it themselves.

All we can go on it the word from those that have, but tastes are different -- one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Ass kickings? What you on about, I have defended my opinion every time and most (nearly all have) been against it. Now I saw this game being played on a TV screen, I have seen all these videos....and to me this game don't look that good. The graphics look good, but there 'for me' is too many faults.

It is not long now till the game is released, I will probably play it and I will come back on here honestly and give my true opinion.

Even if that means I was completely wrong I will do it, but from what I have seen I am pretty sure I wont be completely wrong

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 25 2005, 04:16 AM
I will probably play it and I will come back on here honestly and give my true opinion.

Even if that means I was completely wrong I will do it, but from what I have seen I am pretty sure I wont be completely wrong
Mate, it's all well and good saying you don't think something looks up to scratch -- you're being honest, but when you swear that a something is poor without trying it first . . . ? That's all.

Again, the game could be **** to any of us individually, we won't know for a couple weeks.

Latest posts