• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina are on the verge of being admitted into the Tri-Nations

S

SmokeyMonkey

Apparently

I think that they would be better off being in the Six Nations though and being based in Spain or Southern France or something. Their players will be suffering from a hell of a lot of jet-lag with this!

It needs to happen. It's just that simple.

Why not? I can't think of a real reason why they shouldn't go through with the initiative.
Argentina are a country without competition. It's now or never...don't let football squeeze out God's Game!

The competition needs a breath of fresh air, and Argentina will be exactly that.

It'll be great for Argentinian rugby aswell!

I'm excited! It'd be great to see Argentina play internationals against strong opponents on a regular basis and Argentinian rugby will grow and flourish before our eyes.

As soon as Argentina enter a regular international competition they will break into the top tier. They will break their hoodoo of never beating the AB's. They will be feared by all........but most of all they will open up rugby to the Southern American continent with their success and begin to spread the game their.

Argentina have always been there or abouts. A combined South American team beat the Springboks way back in the early 80's. They just need regular competition to raise their profile in their own country and make inroads into soccer.

Already they have shown their natural ability by winning on the sevens series circuit. Sevens is a game where the natural abilities of a player are shown more as opposed to team work....Argentina have shown they do possess natural ability in this arena.

When Argentina beat the AB's it will be a sad day for Kiwis. However in the long run it will be fantastic for NZ and every other rugby playing nation as Argentina will feel they have finally earnt RESPECT as a rugby nation. NZ rugby really needs a bigger stage for its heroes to glory in otherwise Rugby will end up like Rugby League internationally where it is not such a glorious stage.

I say let them in. Cut the games back to simply home and away rather than playing each country 3 times. Argentina can hold their own and once they start winning games which they will then they will generate the same excitement that the original nations already possess. Let their be no breaks or byes for the countries so that it is all over in 6 weeks so that the Argentinian players can go back to their French and Italian clubs.

Apparently

I think that they would be better off being in the Six Nations though and being based in Spain or Southern France or something. Their players will be suffering from a hell of a lot of jet-lag with this!
[/b]

Well at least Argentina will have at least one match in front of a packed home crowd.

If it was in the Six Nations, the Argentine 'home' ground would be packed full of visiting opposing team fans and a few bemused locals. I'd seriously doubt that the Spanish would come out for them let alone the Basque or Catalans.

Also now you guys can actually have a proper international competition down there with proper home and away games. If the flight schedules to Argentina aren't that amazing from New Zealand or South Africa then so what? You'll just have to learn to stagger the competition like we do now here in Europe.

Also...whats to stop Japan from joining the Six Nations (apart from a serious lack of talent right now)? They could just visit and camp out at a decent stadium here in Europe. At least their fans can actually afford to come to Europe every year.

Will be fantastic for them when it happens. God knows the deserve the recognition. The sooner the better if you ask me.

As for them expanding the 6 nations to 7. Would be great to see that happen but its the Tri-Nations that needs the breath of fresh air more.

Will be tough for them at the start, but like the Italians (and the French way before them) they will get better as a result of it.

Common sense has triumphed...I'd assume this is a direct result of the way they conducted themsleves in the autumn internationals. Chuffed for them....their skipper was such a good ambassador for the game.

Agreed.
And i can confidently say that they won't have to wait too long before they get their first win.
They have an enormous pack, talented backs and they are tough as nails.

I look forward to seeing this happen.

Lets face it, let us be really blunt here; the SANZAR advertising and television revenue cake was gradually shrinking through a repetitive competition that seemed more like three giants all joining together as one big triangular power symbol and having some kind of grotesque group ************ session in homage to their perceived greatness and infallibility, thats what turned fans off and thats why not many people outside of New Zealand and the suburbs of Cape Town watch the Tri Nations these days.

Argentina entering as a 4th partner will shake things up, it'll add a proper American connection to world rugby and it'll make for some fantastic rugby too!

And if it *really* works and Argentina engineer some upsets in their first couple of years, interest in the game in all four participating nations will go up up up, and as a result the advertising and television revenue of SANZAAR-R will go up up up and all will be well!

Let's wait and see. The inclusion of Argentina in the 4N is meaningful only if they include two professional argentinian provinces in the Super14. Otherwise the professional players which are in Europe won't be able to play it.

Of course they'll be able to get back to Argentina for the new 4 nations.

They managed to jet back down to Argentina in time to see off Wales last summer, whats the problem with them playing three matches every summer instead of a touring side?

I think this would be fantastic for World Rugby as the last Tri-Nations was boring... if they were to have a Quad-Nations Tournament, then maybe they could adopt the 1 Year you have 2 home and 2 away games, the alternate each year like what happens with the six nations..

South America are an Untapped resource in the rugby world, I see no problem with them having majority of their team in the NH they would have to be given leave, and its only really because the current squads from NZ, Aus, SA all play their rugby in the Super 14, professional rugby should not be based on where players play in the world, a good example is Football, look at the number of players who jet around the world to play for their nations, surely we should be following that lead..

No GOML, the idea that players should be allowed to jet around the world to play for their country is fundamentally wrong!

Because, according to the English and French Clubs, jet-lag KILLS!

and as a result the advertising and television revenue of SANZAAR-R will go up up up and all will be well!
[/b]

I think it should be made compulsory to add the extra A to that name thus forcing the entire southern hemisphere to do a pirate impression whenever they say it.

"Sanzaaaaar ah ha!"

No GOML, the idea that players should be allowed to jet around the world to play for their country is fundamentally wrong!

Because, according to the English and French Clubs, jet-lag KILLS! [/b]

I totally disagree with that...

Yes, well, I was having a sarcastic dig at the Clubs who'd rather murder someone than let their star foreign players fly away to play for their country.

Ah ok the sorry still half asleep as it is only monday...

But yeah I know what you mean about Clubs vs Country, they are bad enough when they are playing in the Six Nations.

i agree with don billy!!

if this is going to happen, then argentina need two profesional sides in the super 14, to encourage home grown players to stay and entice others back to play in argentina!!

i agree with don billy!!

if this is going to happen, then argentina need two profesional sides in the super 14, to encourage home grown players to stay and entice others back to play in argentina!!
[/b]

so in the futures it will become super 17?
(spears next year and two team from argentine :p )

will be cool though...
But rather see them in 6nations, because I can watch that in the Nethelands ;)

Latest posts