• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina RWC 2023, it´s a true possibility.

Superalexmarket

Bench Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Duendes
Agustin Pichot (former Pumas' captain) has started a campaign to postulate Argentina to be host of the Rugby World Cup 2023.
Gus was one of the principal drivers in the inclussion of the Pumas in the Rugby Championship; so this could be a real chance. Infraestructure and organization are ready, just need the political decision of the IRB.

Pretty cool if this would happen. However after Japan in 2019 I do think the IRB will go for a country which will either draw full stadiums almost on its own (like South Africa) or will draw full stadiums based on its proximity to countries like England and France (Italy).

I think Argentina will have more chances hosting the RWC 2027 after a succesful edition in either of the two countries mentioned above.

Personally I would love to see it go to Italy in 2023 and Argentina in 2027 or vice versa by the way.

I'd love to see it in Argentina, and I don't see a problem drawing the crowds to be honest, as I think they could draw enough international rugby fans to visit ... my only concern would be the availability of full sized grounds. The ground at Rosario which hosted the recent test between the Pumas and the Wallabies was both short, and not wide enough. The ground that hosted the All Blacks wasn't wide enough.

Well of all the interested countries, Argentina definitely has the worst infrastructure. Most of their stadiums are old, aren't all-seaters and have short pitches. This could be a real disadvantage when it comes to deciding the hosts.

Well of all the interested countries, Argentina definitely has the worst infrastructure. Most of their stadiums are old, aren't all-seaters and have short pitches. This could be a real disadvantage when it comes to deciding the hosts.

JAAAAAAAJAJAJAA!!! you don´t have a f....ing idea of what are you saying. Argentina have 4 new stadiums, one of them is the best of latinamerica (Estadio Ciudad de La Plata). and the old ones were remodeled for the Copa America 2011. There is also in important hotel capacity and communications.Ahh and by the way, we don´t need help from another country to do the RWC. You can not even organize an Eurocup for themselves...bye!!;)

JAAAAAAAJAJAJAA!!! you don´t have a f....ing idea of what are you saying. Argentina have 4 new stadiums, one of them is the best of latinamerica (Estadio Ciudad de La Plata). and the old ones were remodeled for the Copa America 2011. There is also in important hotel capacity and communications.Ahh and by the way, we don´t need help from another country to do the RWC. You can not even organize an Eurocup for themselves...bye!!;)

I'm not saying it couldn't be done, I'm just saying that Argentina's infrastructure is not on a par with - for instance - South Africa, Italy, the USA or Russia. I'm not just talking about stadiums, but also about airports and intercontinental connections, public transport amongst other things. Argentina has some good advantages over the other countries by the way (like fan base, first country in South America to host, the results of the national team...), I'm just saying that the infrastructure in comparison with other candidates could work against them.

I'm not saying it couldn't be done, I'm just saying that Argentina's infrastructure is not on a par with - for instance - South Africa, Italy, the USA or Russia. I'm not just talking about stadiums, but also about airports and intercontinental connections, public transport amongst other things. Argentina has some good advantages over the other countries by the way (like fan base, first country in South America to host, the results of the national team...), I'm just saying that the infrastructure in comparison with other candidates could work against them.

This last you wrote gives me the certainty that you know nothing about Argentina. We have international airports in the following cities: Buenos Aires (2), one of them, Ezeiza is the only one in Latinamerica with flying to the 5 continents (check it out at wikipedia if you don´t believe me) Rosario, Cordoba, Mendoza, Salta, Tucuman, etc.
We also have internal air connections with each provincial capital all over the country. An extensive network of roads and highways, and high-speed Internet in all the country. (The internet connectivity in South Africa World Cup 2010 was very bad, said by the same journalists accredited)Argentina is also the main tourist destination in South America even over Brazil. You might say we're a bit away from the rest of the world, but New Zealand and Australia are too.
So we have the same opportunities as any candidate, with the advantage of the unique passion and color that put our people at every sporting event, and I assure you that you will not find either in Italy, Russia or USA.:cool:

Last edited:
I honestly hope Ireland get it. mainly for selfish reasons and it would mean that all the "traditional" rugby nations gets to host it before rugby (hopefully) becomes too big.

Here some of the new stadiums.

Malvinas.jpg
kempes4_0.jpg
Estadio-Ciudad-de-La-Plata-a23983542.jpg
MUCHAS-APERTURA-ESTADIO.jpg
images
IMG_5004_fmt.jpeg
1320340.jpg

If that's a **** take, it's right up there with saying to Bugatti "you only have the Veyron".

I do not think that would have allowed Sanzar played Rugby Championship matches in stadiums like Mendoza, La Plata and Rosario if not meet minimally the conditions required for it.Even Malvinas Stadium Mendoza was confirmed by Sanzar for 2013 in the RC.

Last edited:
Ok, you have the Millennium Stadium and the................... Ok, the Millennium.

Dude, relax. As far as I know we'd all love to see the RWC in Argentina. Your **** taking when we're pointing out valid points is ridiculous. Try not to be offended so easily.

Latest posts