• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina squad to face South Africa

ZeFrenchy

First XV
Country Flag
France
Santiago Phelan has announced the squad to travel to Cape Town to face the Springboks. This same group of 26 players will be the one facing Stade Français this Friday for the second and last game of the series.

Horacio Agulla
Patricio Albacete
Marcos Ayerza
Marcelo Bosch
Martín Bustos Moyano
Gonzalo Camacho
Manuel Carizza
Agustín Creevy
Julio Farías
Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe
Santiago Fernández
Juan Figallo
Alvaro Galindo
Lucas González Amorosino
Eusebio Guiñazú
Juan Martín Hernández
Juan Imhoff
Martín Landajo
Tomás Leonardi
Juan Pablo Orlandi
Martín Rodríguez
Rodrigo Roncero
Federico Nicolás Sánchez
Leonardo Senatore
Tomás Vallejos Cinalli
Nicolás Vergallo

By position:
Props: Roncero, Figallo, Ayerza, Orlandi
Hookers: Creevy, Guiñazú
Locks: Albacete, Carizza, Vallejos
Backrowers: Leonardi, Senatore, Fernández Lobbe, Galindo, Farías
Scrum-halves: Vergallo, Landajo
Fly-halves: Hernández, Sánchez
Inside backs: Fernández, Bosch, Rodríguez
Outside backs: Bustos Moyano, Camacho, Agulla, Imhoff, González Amorosino

I've got really into this whole Argentina-supporting thing. I've always had them as a second/third team, (Depending on how I felt about Scotland at the time) but lately I've found myself shouting "VAMOS PUMAS!" at random intervals when alone and spent a day wondering around Cardiff looking (With no success) for a Pumas shirt. I'm quite excited about this. And also quite worried about myself.

I dont know any of these guys, I hope they can keep up the good name of the Pumas in world Rugby. Wins over all three tri-nations teams would be seen as an overdue initiation. Go Pumas!!

I dont know any of these guys, I hope they can keep up the good name of the Pumas in world Rugby. Wins over all three tri-nations teams would be seen as an overdue initiation. Go Pumas!!
No way they're winning three games. Getting two wins would be a major success already. Getting a single win would be a success too, but the overall evaluation would depend on how bad the losses are.

He retired from (professional) club rugby at the end of last season, and he was supposed to be "available" for the TRC, but only in case they needed him desperately. They called him up anyway.

Latest posts