• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina Super Rugby Team 2016 - Los Jaguares

I fear Pumas can be jeopardized by the way Jaguares are playing now. I mean, it's basically the same team except for Cubelli. Perhaps they will get used to their current playing style and that will impact negatively on the Pumas. Maybe best thing that could happen to us is that most of our players go to other SR teams like Cubelli did, that way the Pumas could develop their own playing style. Am I making some sense here or I shouldn't even worry for the Pumas' performance this year?

IMHO, given that Pumas and Jaguares are going to have almost the same squad, i believe it wouldnt make sense to force Pumas to play a different style than what Jaguares does. One of the biggest advantages for Pumas would be precisely that, to have a squad of players that know each other like no other national team in the world, and to have an style of play that the squad already knows.

However, like everybody here, I think that Jaguares needs to give a second thought about our current game plan (and probably the rotation system as well), since we need to reduce the amount of handling errors, to sharpen the decision making, to stop the constant and silly penalties and cards, and may be above all, to tight our defensive system. Every attack we suffered during the NZ tour, it looked like it was going to be a try.

Latest posts