• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina to play in 2012 4N

Q

QLD

Seems to be official, Argentina will be playing in the worlds second best international rugby tournament, the soon to be 4N. Hopefully this opens the door for Argentinian rugby players to play in the worlds premier domestic rugby tournament, the S15, instead of opting for the cash to play easy rugby in the NH. Hopefully we might see a Argentinian Super rugby team one day.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Pumas to get a run in 2012 Tri Nations
March 7, 2010

ARGENTINA will play in the southern hemisphere's Tri Nations tournament from 2012.

Sources have confirmed that the International Rugby Board is poised to fund the Pumas' entry into the tournament.

Last year the game's umbrella body urged the southern rugby alliance to welcome Argentina into its fold. South Africa, New Zealand and Australia Rugby returned serve and told the IRB to put its money where its mouth was - and it has.

Later this month, an IRB executive meeting is expected to set aside about $2.2 million to underwrite the Pumas' campaign.

IRB chief executive Mike Miller would not comment on the development when visiting New Zealand during the week.

However, he confirmed an announcement was imminent, and that it would be a historic day for Argentinian rugby.[/b]

I like the way you couldn't resist having a go at Northern rugby. Very mature <_<

This hasbeen on the cards for quite a while now, but nevertheless is great, great news. The extra 6 games a year against top class opposition will be of huge benefit to a new generation of Argentine player that will be looking to break through post WC. No doubt it will be a good few years before they're genuinely competing for the trophey (they'll probably need to establish some form of pro domestic competition) but a move in the right direction no doubt.

It's about time really!
Will improve the Argentinian team leaps and bounds, and as Dale said, Argentinian Super club(s) should be on the cards in the future now

This will be great for up and coming Argentinians who won't have to go to Italy (Parisse, Castrogiovanni) to get exposure to annual international rugby, they can play in the S15 and play against the best 3 international rugby teams in the world.

Parisse has Italian parents and moved back during his teens, hence him wanting to play for Italy. Suppose Castro wanted top class rugby, don't know much of his lineage.

Good news for Argentina, though it's a shame this couldn't have been settled sooner.

And your trolling is more of a parody than anything else; not a very good parody at that. Put some more work into your act.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 7 2010, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good news for Argentina, though it's a shame this couldn't have been settled sooner.

And your trolling is more of a parody than anything else; not a very good parody at that. Put some more work into your act.[/b]

Who gave you permission to post in my thread?

Please delete your post and don't post in here again.

For a second there I thought I was on a public forum.

Silly me, I'll be on my way.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Mar 7 2010, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dale why are always such an A**hole twords NH posters?[/b]

I would answer your question, but I don't respond to nothing posters with less than 1000 posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Mar 7 2010, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Mar 7 2010, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would answer your question, but I don't respond to nothing posters with less than 1000 posts.
[/b][/quote]

Well since I know you're not going to answer this I'd like to say you're a f***ing 12 years old c***

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 7 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Mar 7 2010, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Mar 7 2010, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Well since I know you're not going to answer this I'd like to say you're a f***ing 12 years old c***
[/b][/quote]

+1

i think hes kinda right AUS arn't going to lose to ARG for a few years they will when ARG get's better and is at the level of the six nations

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Mar 7 2010, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He's upset because Australia haven't won the world cup in the 21st century, because both times they were knocked out by a vastly inferior, dare i say, U11-esque side from that most awful of places *shudder* the northern hemisphere

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 7 2010, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Parisse has Italian parents and moved back during his teens, hence him wanting to play for Italy. Suppose Castro wanted top class rugby, don't know much of his lineage.[/b]

I always thought Catsro was as Italian as Espresso and Linguine

Great news.

With Argentina finally entering an expanded Tri Nations, Italian team likely to enter the Magners League, Sevens gaining Olympic status, Russia setting up a pro competition and qualifying for the World Cup and Japan winning the rights to host the 2019 World Cup, it's been a fantastic year for rugby. Bernard Lapasset has been a revelation since replacing Syd Millar as iRB president. It's a shame previous leaders didn't have his vision for growing the game beyond the founder unions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Mar 7 2010, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 7 2010, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Parisse has Italian parents and moved back during his teens, hence him wanting to play for Italy. Suppose Castro wanted top class rugby, don't know much of his lineage.[/b]

I always thought Catsro was as Italian as Espresso and Linguine
[/b][/quote]

His second name would certainly suggest he has a fairly decent claim for playing for Italy. Who knows, maybe he wanted to for reasons aside from the 6 nations?

Ah just checked, he's got a grandfather from Sicily.

Latest posts