• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina to win a world cup?

Richie Mills

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
Do Argentina have the potential to win a Rugby World Cup... http://richard-mills-sports.blogspot.com/2013/11/do-argentina-have-potential-to-win.html … Any or feedback would be great ta!

...but it's true.
We always talk about the good things about the Pumas and never really go there where the problem is.
Argentina needs two things, a Professional League and to try to put at least 3 teams in Super League, one in each conference.
I'm a hard believer that Argentina need to develop several internal aspects, but I think as well that there's people who doesn't want this.
Unfortunately Rugby has the bad reputation of been pretty selective.

Yes!!! Argentina will be World Champion in Brazil 2014! Messi the best player of all times! (We're talking of soccer? Right?)

Is 3 argie teams in the Super Rugby likely to be profitable?
There is talk of splitting the current format into a South africa/argentina conference and an Aus/NZ one, good for Argentina, maybe not for the fans.

I can't think of any sport where an emerging nation has gone onto have huge success and win something of note. I could be wrong, mind.

Also I don't agree that messi is the best of all time. You cannot compare era's. You can be the best of your era, nothing more imo.

Before asking this question, you should ask: France to win a world cup?

They have a professional league where there is more money than in the ITM Cup and Currie Cup, they played several RWC finals and they have the obligation to win a RWC.

Cheers

I am not mad, far from it, I just think it a bit odd that someone says write something else when I have just written something without addressing the article.
Yes I get your point but realistically I won't just write an article on the whim of another poster.

Latest posts