Argentina vs England

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by munross, Jun 13, 2009.

1. munross

munross Guest

Argentina leads 14 points to 3 at half time.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. munross

munross Guest

What a great try by Argentina!clean break by the fullback and the no.11 finishes of in the corner,Hernandez converts from the touch line, 21 - 3 to the Pumas

4. munross

munross Guest

Goode puts over a penalty, 21-6 now after 48mins.

5. munross

munross Guest

England with a good sustained attack, gets a penalty, Goode slots it, 21 - 9 to Argentina.

6. munross

munross Guest

Goode gets his 4th penalty kick, 21-12 after 60mins.

7. munross

munross Guest

Argentina are really defending well, containing Banahan really well!

8. munross

munross Guest

Goode with another penalty attempt, its over 21 - 15, 10mins to go.

9. munross

munross Guest

Hernandez with a drop goal! 24 - 15 with 8mins to go.

10. munross

munross Guest

Oh ****!Banahan scores under the posts, Goode converts, 24 - 22 to Argentina, 2mins to go,anyone's game now!

11. munross

munross Guest

Argentina just taking the ball up slowly trying to kill the time, there it is the final whistle goes, well deserved victory in the end for the Los Pumas!

12. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

Good I did not expect Argentina to win England even with small advantage

It's surprising to me

13. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 13 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Argentina is one of the wild frontiers of rugby (the city of Salta is in the middle of nowhere yet manages to jam a 40,000 stadium to the rafters) and is an absolute pig of a country to win in. Everyone, everyone from the All Blacks to England to South Africa have all had to go through hell to register wins when touring over there. Los Pumas respect nobody when you're on their turf. You could have famous tribal dances, you could have won the World Cup twice, you could have legends and what not behind your team but that all means jack when you step out in Argentina.

And thats why they are probably one of the most underated teams in World Rugby sometimes. I find it depressing when people express shock when they win. I really do.

14. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 14 2009, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Argentina is one of the wild frontiers of rugby (the city of Salta is in the middle of nowhere yet manages to jam a 40,000 stadium to the rafters) and is an absolute pig of a country to win in. Everyone, everyone from the All Blacks to England to South Africa have all had to go through hell to register wins when touring over there. Los Pumas respect nobody when you're on their turf. You could have famous tribal dances, you could have won the World Cup twice, you could have legends and what not behind your team but that all means jack when you step out in Argentina.

And thats why they are probably one of the most underated teams in World Rugby sometimes. I find it depressing when people express shock when they win. I really do.
    [/b][/quote]

OOOO I agreee you brooo

These guys from South America do not respect anyone at all

Actually you are right it's a hell to go there and play there even in football and in other sports tooo

Argentina really has some specific character using which they really manage to make some surprises

I greatly apologize to Argentina fans but it was really surprising for Argentina to make breakthrough to semis of RWC 2007

15. unskilz

unskilz Guest

Yeah, but Argentina definitely played like the 3rd best side in the world. In fact, I would say they were second only to South Africa (ok, maybe New Zealand was better, but the French stunned them). England wasn't that impressive in the World Cup. Argentina was definitely better than all NH teams.

16. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (unskilz @ Jun 14 2009, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I would say Argentina play like the best side in the world when they play at home. They play out of their skins! It was a very well deserved victory.

17. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Can't say I'm even slightly surprised. England were **** last week at Old Trafford and it was only the late scores that flattered them.

No doubt Goode was constantly kicking the ball away and... That would have been it.

18. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (unskilz @ Jun 14 2009, 05:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Agree Agree Agree

But still it was surprising to me

That's it

Otherwise they Pumas played very good rugby on RWC 2007

19. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Yay, England lose. I so happy...

Still think Argentina are overrated. Definately not one of the 'top four sides in the world' like everybody claims, anymore, regardless of home form. I remember a certain 50-point drubbing against SA last year, and a home loss against Italy.

20. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

For the 50 point drubbing against South Africa half of their players were still playing in France and there was a similar case against Italy too.

You have to remember how lucky nations like Wales are for having unrestricted access to their players most times..

21. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 14 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Player access is definitely great problem and mostly for Top 14 players

It has bad influence on the quality of play and not only, the results as well

So the schedules and Club politics must be corrected by no means

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!