• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentinian Rugby

Euro based players will be able to pay for Pumas

https://www.infobae.com/deportes-2/...ocados/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I know this should be received as a good news, but i can't help feeling they cheated on everyone, or a lot of the ones who decided to stay, sacrificing a lot of money in the process.

Bad for the Jaguares and any plans for a second Argentine SR side. It will be impossible for Super Rugby to retain a Pumas starting XV in my opinion. I anticipate little upswing in the Pumas either, just a drain of Jaguares talent.

In brighter news I read plans for an Argentine side again in the Currie Cup - speculated to be to try and develop players for a second SR franchise.

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2017/10/21/plans-underway-argentina-xv-play-currie-cup/

There wont be a second FR ever. Not with this 15 team fixture, what they gonna do? Drop another established team? Especially when we dont make it interesting by actually being competitive. On the other hand, the Currie team could be very interesting.

ps: Great match between Casi and Sic. Nail bitter to the end.
ps2: on Adidas in Unicenter they are selling the shirts of NZ teams. Blues, Crusaders, Chiefs and Hurricanes with some goodies like socks,etc. Around 95 US dolars - 1699 pesos some what.

Some news....A jags player told someone i know closely that and i quote "3 loses in Nov TM and Hourcade is fired" only 2 close matches against ENG and IRE and a win against ITA will allow him to keep his job. So we start rooting for the other teams xD??

Thoughts on the ENG game? If the kicks to posts were not missed and that yellow to Tuculet(bad ref call) we had a slim chance. While they were better they did not overwhelm us.

Good:

- I liked the tackle and overall pressure.
- Line and scrums were pretty good overall.
- Kicks in the open filed were used relatively well

Bad:

- We have issues to break the first contact
- Not chip kick, crosses, or cleaver plays to break a good defense, meaning mono gameplay
- Slow at breakdown
- Some players dont deserve the shirt.

We are in the worst of both worlds.
Before 2015 we were a good team on defense that was kinda clueless on offense. During 2015 (WC specially) and in 2016, we were quite good on offense but regressed on defense.
Now our defense is "meh" at best, game against England showed we are not very creative on offense, and our scrum is nowhere near of the powerhouse it once was.

Do this exercise: watch Jaguares games from 2016 and watch the Pumas now. In 2016 we opened up EVERY SINGLE bloody ball. Now, unless it's from a opposition kick to counterattack, our wingers hardly touch the ball. I'm not cherry picking, this is a crystal clear trend for anyone watching those "two" teams regularly.
I can think of two plausible explanations to such changes: either every year every single player and management member gets possessed by a different spirit that forces them to change style, or management doesn't really have a long term plan.

I know i might come across as extreme and i might deserve the label of fatalist, but, this are not minor tweaks, they are completely different approaches to the game, from year to year. That is just stupid. I'm 100% in favour of tweaking your strat and tactics over time, it's natural and logical, but changing your entire plan every year is simply ridiculous.

Facts > opinions in my book, 10 times out of 10, and when i see jaguares/pumas from 2016 they play a completely different brand of rugby than their 2017 version. The only thing they have in common are the results.

The only good thing i can think of if i am honest is that the world cup is a bit under 2 years from now. But that is just me being unrealistically optimistic.

Have they changed backs or attack coach from 2015? I couldn't believe how simple Argentina's attack was against England. 10 to 12 or 13 who literally just ran straight into the opposition.

We are in the worst of both worlds.
Before 2015 we were a good team on defense that was kinda clueless on offense. During 2015 (WC specially) and in 2016, we were quite good on offense but regressed on defense.
Now our defense is "meh" at best, game against England showed we are not very creative on offense, and our scrum is nowhere near of the powerhouse it once was.

Do this exercise: watch Jaguares games from 2016 and watch the Pumas now. In 2016 we opened up EVERY SINGLE bloody ball. Now, unless it's from a opposition kick to counterattack, our wingers hardly touch the ball. I'm not cherry picking, this is a crystal clear trend for anyone watching those "two" teams regularly.
I can think of two plausible explanations to such changes: either every year every single player and management member gets possessed by a different spirit that forces them to change style, or management doesn't really have a long term plan.

I know i might come across as extreme and i might deserve the label of fatalist, but, this are not minor tweaks, they are completely different approaches to the game, from year to year. That is just stupid. I'm 100% in favour of tweaking your strat and tactics over time, it's natural and logical, but changing your entire plan every year is simply ridiculous.

Facts > opinions in my book, 10 times out of 10, and when i see jaguares/pumas from 2016 they play a completely different brand of rugby than their 2017 version. The only thing they have in common are the results.

The only good thing i can think of if i am honest is that the world cup is a bit under 2 years from now. But that is just me being unrealistically optimistic.

Agree 100%. I think being desperate made them change a lot so now we are nowhere. Adding to that the players probably lost all confidence in the HC. A change is a must now. There' s still a lot of time. On the good note we always tend to play better at the RWC for some reason.

Have they changed backs or attack coach from 2015? I couldn't believe how simple Argentina's attack was against England. 10 to 12 or 13 who literally just ran straight into the opposition.

Nope not a single change in HC. Running straight against bigger backs also....retarded.

Yes we are here *****ing till its starts again and get all hyped again xD

Btw last test match. If we played like the last 20m all the match we could have won.

Has anyone saw "Scrum" on ESPN last Sunday? Ledesma was there and they interview him. It was a very nice talk, he clearly loves Cheika xD and he was very clinical about lots of topics. It felt good to hear someone actually knowing their rugby.

Me parece que a landajo le dijeron: nene dejate de joder y pasa la pelota. se noto a pesar de no tener un buen partido lo vi menos farolero.
cuando entro bertranou cambio el partido. mas dinámica mas sorpresa. a landajo le tomaron el tiempo en el 2013.
se nota también la intención de mejorar el scrum con los dos segundas mas grandes y con alas pesados para apuntalar a los pilares . funciono mejor contra inglaterra
alguien me explica como garompa nos cobran dos pelotas torcidas en dos tests seguuidos ? no veia cobrar eso desde que el try valia 4.
el ataque como dice cruz esta tan previsible! no hay profundidad, no hay nadie que tome la pelota en velocidad. eso se lo adjudico a la pareja de medios.
en la ultima hora contra irlanda, con una pelota un poco mas rápida los pases mas certeros de gonzalo se marcaron tres tries. sin hacer ninguna maravilla. solo lo básico bien ejecutado. no es cuestión de la doble tijera y los falsos, primero pasemos la pelota en velocidad con profundidad y precisión.

sorry for the spanish im fed up of english :)

Any Jags fans left in here?
(Logo thread)

well theres actually no jags fans anywhare. jags are a recent invention and people are exited about the team and competition, but theres no identity and they are the pumas so there goes the enegy, people i think are more concerned of their local teams. jaguares will have a long way to go before having real fans . besides the results are so poor that wont help
its not like in other countries where regional teams with history (lets say aukland) that then turned profesional but still have roots on a certain territory and their people.
we have such a long way to go.

well lucas noguera paz has left jags and pumas. signed for bath. our scrum is going to suck soo bad..

Do you know any decent rugby podcast from Argentina? Thanks.

I don't know any to be honest. I'd be surprised if there are actually.
Argentine rugby is a bit of an "old boys club". Whoever criticizes anything is ostracized by the rugby associations/coaches/etc. That puts journalists and pundits, particularly gutless ones, in a very uncomfortable position.

Are you looking for something in particular? Happy to help if i can.

No, just to learn about your national rugby. It's surprising. Here we've got at least half a dozen, one of them even interviews one or two players from Argentina every week since they've got so many playing in their city (Santander)

cordero left jaguares too, will go to england (leicester tigers) so did baez. el ultimo que apague la luz

Last edited:

Latest posts